About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Wild Orchid Challenge - One Year Birthday

Morning guys, how has the weather been around your area of the country?! It has been pouring down here all weekend and yesterday too. The perfect weather for staying in and crafting, yes?! So that is exactly what I done.

Am I wrong for surmising everyone has seen the big CHRISTMAS IN JULY double whammy from Wild Orchid Crafts and Lili of the Valley happening all week this week?! If not.. be sure to check out both of the blogs to get a looksie of the two grand prizes and all of the amazing DT inspiration. There are prizes being given away all week on the DT members blogs - so be sure to leave them some love!

Am I also wrong for surmising that you all know Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Blog is ONE YEAR OLD?!

They have an extra special challenge for us this time round.. Dena has created a sketch to follow..

[dena1%255B2%255D.jpg]

Plus.. there is an added twist. Your project MUST BE BIRTHDAY THEMED.

So.. being a lover (all be it a relatively new lover) of WOC flowers.. I just HAD to give this a go.
WOC + Sketch = two of my fave ever things in blogland!!


Just my standard Bazzill kraft cardbase ;) and some pink cardstock from Papercuts which I have used to mat my patterned paper from MME Lime Twist Life of the Party onto for the base of my card design.

I have used the very last of my brown gingham ribbon from The Ribbon Girl - I KNEW there was a reason I was hoarding this - because there was only a smidgen left - so I used every bit possible without going too overboard on this card. You see that little scrap to the bottom left of the picture.. that is the last living bit. A perfect excuse for another order with the fantabulous ladies over at TRG, right! ;)

I have added doodles to all my patterned paper and cardstock as well as the die cut elements in my fave brown fineliner. The gingham bow has been created using my Bow Easy and I have added some gypsophila flowers on stems just behind.


This is the gorgeous Love Letter Kaylee from Some Odd Girl - I'm officially HOOKED on these digis.. I gotta get me some of the clear stamps from Quixotic! I have coloured her hair and skin using Copics and the rest of her using ProMarkers. I've created the sky background with a scalloped mask and some Bashful Blue ink from SU!


Here is a close up of the sentiment. I have stamped it in Pretty in Pink SU! ink and cut it using the second largest nestie circle. I have attatched some gingham ribbon as well as some gorgeously gorgeous flowers from WOC underneath.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Wild Orchid Craft - #28 Sketch + Birthday
× Birthday Sundays - Anything Goes Birthday
× Emerald Faeries - All Things Nice and Girly

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill - Kraft; Papercuts - Pink
Patterned Paper: MME Lime Twist - Life of the Party
Stamps/Digi: Some Odd Girl Digi - Love Letter Kaylee; Whimsy Stamps - Circle Postmark Sentiments
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink
Dies: Nesties - Standard Circles LG, Labels Fourteen
Embellishments: WOC - 15mm pink rose, semi open 8mm white rose, white gypsophila flower stems, baby blue aster daisy; The Ribbon Girl - brown gingham ribbon
Colour: Copics: Skin E00, 11, 13, R30 Hair E35, 57, 59 ProMarkers: Shoes, Skirt, Arm Warmers and Socks Lime Green, Bright Green, Grass, Pale Pink, Baby Pink, Cocktail Pink T-Shirt and Letter Mint Green, Green
Misc: baby blue liquid pearls; Jenni Bowlin - Malted Milk acrylic paint; brown fineliner
 

15 comments:

  1. Oh she is a stunner hun! Love the image and the fab colours are so cheery and chirpy. Gorgeous. It was like monsoon season here yesterday - torrential downpours with thunder as the backing track. More forecast for today - my tail is getting waterlogged, lol! Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa - loving especilly the background and her hair and the border you drew around the image! Must nick that idea although with my wobbly hands I'd just make a mess of it, lol
    oh, and yes, those postage stamps are indeed in July release, it's already available though :)
    hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW, I just LOVE your card Lou, it's absolutey AMAZING! Such fun and sweet colours, the combination is truly awesome. You've coloured your image so perfeclty, and I love how you've used the sketch, fabulous!

    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - love the image and colours. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, your coloring is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has to be my favorite of the day! It's just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with Birthday Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just Awesome!!! I love your cloudy background... just amazing!!!
    Hugs, Marit.
    ..:: xXx ::..

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous Lou, just love your style.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card lou.your colours and design are stunning and i really love the fun image and the fab sky background. :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lou, this is just too darn cute, I love that image, your papers and embellies. Fab colour combo too. Thank you for joining us at Emerald Faerie Garden with our Girly challenge.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweetie this is a beautiful creation, just gorgeous hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! Love your colouring and very cool clouds!
    Thanks for playing in the Emerald Faerie Garden.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful birthday card you have made! Thanks for playing with us at WOC ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews