About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday, 10 November 2011

Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges

Long day at work today -_- Sheesh. Roll on 6 o'clock. By the time this post goes live I'll only have a few hours left, so hopefully I haven't died! Keep your fingers crossed! LOL. Also keep your fingers crossed for some goodies to be waiting at home for me from Quixotic Paperie and The Ribbon Girl when I get in. It would make my day. New goodies are just what I need. 

So!! Time for another Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge with inspiration from Team A (the vets ;)) this week! This was a lovely break from Christmas for me, which I was very thank ful for, although at first I thought I was going to struggle with the challenge criteria.. because it so isn't me..

VINTAGE

But d'ya know what?! I loved it, and I REALLY loved how the card turned out. You know when you just make, because you wanna make, and you don't over think things, and you just relax and get into it? That's totally what happened with this card. It's really rare that I'm totally happy with my finished pieces, and granted.. my colouring isn't the best.. but I really. Really. Like this. :) I hope you do too, and I hope it inspires you enough to join in with us this week. Remember, these challenges are for Tickled Pink Stamp images ONLY!!


I had to use Lil Victorian Steampunk - Lilith. Does she not scream Vintage to you? Okay, I guess peoples ideas of vintage are different. Some people might wanna go with creams, browns and pinks, with butterflies and music paper and such. Or perhaps dark browns, and olive greens, burgundy reds and navy blues. Know what.. for a girl who doesn't 'do' vintage, I got really into this challenge! LOL. :) Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

I used some gorgeous papers from My Minds Eye - Portobello Road. GOD. This paper was made for me. Blues and creams and scripture papers and OH! It works so well with kraft too, which is always a plus! ;)

The card base is some scrummy aqua cardstock from my local craft store, I then matted some patterned paper with Bazzill Kraft cardstock. I used my largest pinking circle nestie to create some interest around the main image. This whole 'big head' technique with digis really appeals to me.


I have coloured Lilith using Copics and ProMarkers - naturally. I added some Sakura Souffle pen to give her eye some sparkle. I then cut her out using the second largest circle from the pinking circles nesties. I added a lot of embellishments, a lot for me.. I just felt like it. I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos with ladies making mini albums and stuff lately, and they embellish a LOT, so I think I was still in that mindset. Kinda busy, huh? But I don't think it takes anything away from the image. :)

I added some Wild Orchid Crafts goodness in the form of a cherry blossom and a mixture of 10mm and 15mm roses. Then some yummy lace from The Ribbon Girl alongside some twill ribbon from Stampin' Up! which I tied in a bow. I also added a little clock charm and some navy blue bakers twine, also from The Ribbon Girl. Finally, to add a little more 'vintage' I glued some MiC chipboard cogs in their raw form to the right hand side of the image to tie in with the cogs on her necklace(?)


As for the sentiment, I picked three words from an Authentique stickers sheet to create an.. unusual sentiment. I plan on giving this card to a friend of mine for her 22nd. Although it's not the run of the mill 'happy birthday' the message inside will get the.. message.. across. I hope. This card is too pretty to just sit in my stash box, me thinks. I'll let you know what she thinks later on tonight, we're all going out for a meal to celebrate. Mmmm, Italian. :)

Anywho, I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Divas by Design - Metal
My clock charm. Perhaps the gun she's holding could count too? :)
× Anything Goes Challenge - Stitches, Real or Faux
× Bunny Zoe's Crafts - #17 Lace it Up
× Cutie Pie Challenge - Use a Charm
× Daisy Doodles - Anything Goes + Digi
My image is a digi stamp from TPS
× Heart Song Inspirations - Anything Goes
× Lexi's Creations - Charming
HEY GIRLS! :)
× Make It Monday - #62 Anything Goes
× Wild Orchid Crafts - Brown & Blue

Be sure to stop by the Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge Blog to see what the other amazing ladies on the team have come up with! I think you may see a few more 'vintage' things from me in the future, especially with the  Lil Victorian Steampunk collection. They make vintage so easy. Keep your eyes peeled between the 15th and 21st of each month to get your hands on this collection of digis!!

16 comments:

  1. Lou this is just gorgeous, love the image, colours and layout. Brilliant!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lou! Love Lilith as a "big head"! Your coloring is magnificent! Love the pinking circle mat and your gear & flower embellishments! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. HOLY S*&^! Man i am in love with this. All your little extras with that steampunk queen being front & center is totally inspiring! love it! Great coloring,as per usual! ROCK ON GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this lou.the image is fantastic and i love all the fab cogs and details and superb colouring :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lou!!!!! i love your stile! this card is beautifullllll i love your vintage colors sorry for my english! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It's really vintage-y and cool at the same time. And the coloring is great :) She is my favourite and go to girl and she rocks every card. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so cool love your colouring thanks for playing along with us at Cutie pie lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! Lou..this is stunning...gorgeous colouring and details...fantastic card...

    Thanks for sharing at 'Make it Monday'

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous card. I love the colours you've used and the details also. Thanks for joining us this month at Bunny Zoe Crafts. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING!! love the image and your colouring and shading is out of this world

    Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge blog this time. If you are interested I have some blog candy up for grabs Posh Cat Crafts
    Hugs
    Tamara
    Anything goes DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card! Love that you just "went with the flow" on this one and it led you to a masterpiece. I'm sure your friend was amazed. Perfect embellishments as well and I love the double pierced ears on this image. :)

    Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
    Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! Lou, how amazing is this? Love the image and gorgeous colour combo. As always your eye for detail is amazing. Love the little cogs.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowsers! rocking the steampunk ckicky and you know what..its vinatge to me..the victorian feel with the yummy muted colours is...VINTAGE!!! love it!
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it. Girly steampunk. Fab. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh!! This is fun and fabulous! Wonderful colouring! Thanks for joining us at Heart Song Inspirations Challenge! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews