About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 4 October 2012

Some Odd Girl Portfolio

Hi ya Oddies! It's Lou Mac here with todays Project Feature in the form of a little keepsake. All for yourself to keep. Forevers. Lemme show ya.

You know those times when you're colouring up your Some Odd Girl image.. and you're like "WOAH! I'm nailing this..!" Okay, maybe that's just me (sometimes colouring can be a little hit and miss with if I'm not in the zone). Well why not use those images to create a little catalogue of goodness all for you to feast your eyes on time and time again.

I bought a 6"x4" photo pocket album for really cheap, and thought it'd be the perfect way to display some of my favourite card fronts. Here is a design I came up with using Mushroom Fairy. She's adorable. I've coloured her up using the usual ProMarkers and FlexMarkers to match my papers from a waaaaaay old pack from Basic Grey called Indian Summer.


Wanna know what else is cool? You can keep a record of the products you've used and the colours you've worked with for future reference. I've just listed everything on the back of the card, this way it is easily accessible if I ever wanna work out a colour combo in the future.


So here is a picture of my little 'card front' inside one of the plastic wallets of the pocket album. I can't wait to fill this little beauty up with Some Odd Girl goodness and flick through it every now and then. It's a brilliant way to keep your inspiration flowing and all sorted in one little handy place.


Have fun making your own little keepsake book. Be sure to share it with us over at the Some Odd Girl FB page.

Thank you for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your week!! Stay ODD. xo

5 comments:

  1. This is an amazing idea, not to mention how amazing you color. I have cards that I just keep looking at over and over and putting them in a photo album is a great idea. Thanks Lou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo purdy!! I love how she turned out!! And yes, I have some images that I just couldn't bear to part with when I was finished with them. They are on my wall collecting dust, best get them in an album like this! Awesome project girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Lou, love the cute image and pretty details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou she is soooooooooo gorgeous!!!! Wow look at your super colouring! The tones on her dress are so pretty...what colours did you use? Beautiful as always :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous lou.really love your colours on this pretty girl :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews