About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 24 September 2014

Your future is bright.

Hello guys! Why do weeks off work zoom by at super sonic speed?! Meeehhh!! That phrase.. time flies when you're having fun! It most certainly does.

Today I'm popping in to share some INSPIRATION with you all using products you can pick up at My Mum's Craft Shop

I spotted a card over on.. I wanna say Pinterest, but I'm not totally sure. I wish I had a link to give ya as it was a total inspiration, but.. I don't.


I started off with some Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass and Mustard Seed. I used some watercolour paper and created a little background with the DI and a tonne of water. I masked the edges of the watercolour paper with some washi tape to create a little white border.

I then stamped a sentiment from My Favorite Things - Watts Up? stamp set in Versafine Onyx Black ink. 

I then went to town building up my little lightbulb using the Die-namics Lightbulb die! I created a white base, and added another vellum layer which I used to inlay the little heart design in the centre. Very cute.

Before adhering everything down, as a last finishing touch I took some more Mustard Seed DI and some various circles from My Favorite Things - Bokeh Builder and added them in a diagonal pattern down the watercolour panel.

I adhered everything to an orange matt (I desperately need some rolls of foam adhesive, that watercolour paper refused to lay flat).. and then added it to my card base. Oh, and I chucked some Doodlebug sequins onto the design too.

I really love how this card turned out. It's always good to get out of your comfort zone every now and again! Be sure to to stop by the blog for daily inspiration and the website is regularly updated with new products. xo

1 comment:

  1. so stunning and funky lou.the design is fantastic ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews