About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 7 June 2011

SOS! Challenge #3 - UFO's

Hey there, I guess you're probably wondering what is going on, right? Well, let me enlighten you.. ;)

I was asked by the lovely ladies over at SOS! Challenge Blog if I would like to be their guest designer for June! HA! How could I possibly pass up an offer like that?! So naturally, I said YES!! straight away.

This weeks challenge is UFO's - no, no, not those mysterious flying spaceships, but..

UN-FINISHED OBJECTS

You know what I mean.. you die cut this and that, then end up setting it aside because 'You'll use it at some point - you gotta keep it'. The photo frames or canvasses your buy to 'alter' and they end up sitting around looking sorry for themselves.. well this is the perfect opportunity to get them out and actually USE them!!


These three pictures depit the bits and bobs I've had sitting about 'pre made' so to speak for a while now, which I pulled together to make this card. The first picture is a bunch of pink flowers I made a while back, using a mixture of prima flowers, WOC flowers, buttons, bakers twine and brads. The middle picture shows a shaped card I made when I first got this set of Pinking Circles nesties. I cut a bunch of card bases, infact.. I went a little crazy.. so I still have loads left. The picture on the right shows strips of patterned paper. When I make a card, if I use patterned paper I generally trim the left over bits so they're neat and usable. Here is a bunch I had from Cosmo Cricket - Upcycle collection.

Onto the card.. it's pretty self explanatory me thinks. I added some SU! Certainly Celery cardstock which I had embossed with the Swiss Dots EF, as well as a couple of other flowers from WOC. The cutsie little letter stickers are from Sassafras and are the perfect size for cards! Gotta stock up on those beauties!


So.. what are you waiting for?! Head on over to the SOS! Challenge blog right now and suck up some awesome inspiration from the other ladies then head into that craft space and get creating with those things you have been keeping for aaages 'just incase'! ;)

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Wee Memories - Anything Goes
× Bugaboo Stamps - Anything Goes
× Card Makin Mamas - Use your scraps
× One Stop Craft Challenge - Texture


xo Lou.

10 comments:

  1. This is darling.. Love it!! Hugs, Linda
    http://lindabscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou, this is so gorgeous and very cute. Love the yummy flowers and fab colours. Great stitched detail too.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card lou.great shape and i love the colours and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card, Lou! Such a clever challenge idea and you've totally rocked it! This is fantastic!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Makin Mamas this week! Have Fun and I hope to see you again soon!
    Hugs, Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lou,

    I love your funky card! :o)

    Just wanted to pop over and say Hi, and that I'm looking forward to working with you and the girls again next month over at PTD.

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a FANTASTIC card! Great idea to use those UFOs! I am adding this to my short list of things to do soon myself! :)

    We hope you will be back next week to join us at One Stop Crafts and Catch the Bug! We cannot wait to see what you come up with next! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is pretty your image is lovely love the colour combo you have used, thank you for playing at OSCC. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done!
    Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews