About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 23 June 2011

Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge #25 Ribbons & Lace

I did have this scheduled for 15:00, but low and behold.. blogger didn't post it. Can anything else go wrong today?!

Hey all, how has your week been so far?! Gosh, it has been all systems go here lately, I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I really need to sort myself out and start scheduling my time properly again. Here comes the diary. Ever since I finished uni I'm all of a tizz with myself, half the time I don't know what day it is!

Anywho, today over at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges we want to see some pretty 'RIBBONS AND LACE'

Now it doesn't get much easier than that, does it?! I have gone for an.. elegant?! card this time round, with a clean uncoloured image - Lil' Victorian Steampunk Evie. This is the reason I LOVE digis - you can make them aaany size you want and focus on one area of the image.


I have used Basic Black from SU! for my cardbase and embossed a piece of River Rock cardstock from SU! with the 'Snow Cap' embossing folder from Sizzix for BG. I know I've said before, this is a Christmas folder, but I LOVE the texture it gives, and it's sooo not Christmassy!!

I have used both oval and labels fourteen nesties to create my focal point with the image. A metal tag from TH tied with black bakers twine and some gorgeous lace, seam binding and hat pins from The Ribbon Girl finish up this card!!

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Scrapbook Sisters - Anything Goes
× YNSC - B + W + 1 More
× A Spoonful of Sugar - Anything Goes
× Everybody Art Challenge - Anything Goes
× House of Gilli - Ribbons & Bows

Be sure to stop by the TPS Challenge blog and see what the other uber talented ladies have come up with!! xo Lou.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card!! I really like the fact that you didn't color the image and the lace you used is a very pretty touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i love this card lou.stunning image, she really stands out and your colours and design are gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is brilliant I love the uncolored image wow! Thanks for playing along with the YNS challenge and have a inky filled weekend! Beth aka BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is COOL! Love the black frame and how you left her uncolored. Looks fab!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lou, this is gorgeous. A really beautiful image and I love how you've used her. Great idea to leave her uncoloured, so effective. Love the embossed background and very yummy details. Hope you're not too tired after your late night sesh and thank you hun for the really lovely comment. :o)

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews