About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 17 October 2013

Bomb Site!!

Hello guys! I'm stopping in tonight with a card I created for a particular challenge, which is not something I do too often.. but recently, I seem to have accumulated a bunch of coloured images which I've completed while sitting watching T.V lately - and trying to make my brain switch off every now and again.. which unfortunately never happens.

Anywho, after a 10 hour shift at the day job today, I just couldn't be bothered to tidy my desk to take a photo.. I'm not gonna lie.

It looks like a bomb went off.. look..


You see the slight gap in the disaster just at the back of the desk there? That's where my laptop was.. which is now on my lap. Make no mistake that there was a free bit of space on there!! Hah!

So.. onto the actual card, you know, the thing you visited my blog for. Doh!! (Again, apologies for the crap photo..)

So, I spotted this new challenge over at The Ribbon Girl Blog (I cannot tell you how lovely it feels to be making a card and entering a challenge, just because I fancy it..) 

Their Lovely Lili October Challenge is Anything Goes - the only rule is, you gotta use a Lili of the Valley stamp. Simples!! 


Of course, this is James Bear in the Snow. I had to use him. Had to. Didn't I? He's adorable! He's one of the first stamps I ever bought from LOTV, and I think he still remains as one of my favourites!

I've used one of my oldest stamps, with some of my newest papers from Echo Park - Tis the Season. I added some cheesecloth behind the image - I bought this from The Ribbon Girl soooo long ago, with REALLY good intentions.. but I don't think it's in me to use this without a whole load of excess faff and time wasting! LOL!

I stamped a sentiment from Whimsy Stamps onto a grey slice of paper from the paper pack and backed it onto the decorative die cut which matches the stamps. I die cut some vellum snowflakes with an older MFT set and added them here and there to the layout. 

That's all from me tonight. I'm off to take myself to bed soon - I've got this stupid cough, and the only time it doesn't annoy me is when I'm asleep!! FRIDAY TOMORROW!! Good times.

Loves. xo

5 comments:

  1. Hello Lou - what a great card, I like James the Bear - he's so cute! You should see our craft space when we're making something - we actually end up crafting in a space 12 x 12 surround by half our craft stash! Hope your cough gets better soon and enjoy the weekend, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. and should have said thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Lovely Lili challenge! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so stunning lou.i love the gorgeous james bear and your design and colours are fab :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card love James, you should see my dining table well you can't got the size of glass mat to work on wish I was super tidy!!!!! Best wishes ginny

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews