About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Be happy ever after

After stock take at work yesterday I got in really late, so late infact that I just ordered a takeaway, ate it, and went to bed. I was so drained and so stressed! LOL. So needless to say I spent so long out of the house yesterday that I didn't get anything at all done.

Today I though I'd share with you another Wedding Card commission I received off a lovely lady over on FB. Purple and cream is the combo of the season right now so it seems, and I'm so glad I placed a pretty big order of purple/ lilac flowers with WOC recently, as I'm seriously lacking in purple cardstock and patterned paper. Gotta make do with what I have on hand though - no more stash for a while yet. 


 I'm so glad I spent the time I did hunting for this sentiment months back, as it's proved really popular when it comes to wedding commissions! :) Really fitting words, I'd say. This time round I've printed it out onto Naturals Ivory cardstock from SU! in a rich purple colour. I've die cut it using a nestie and distressed and doodled the edges. 

The little corner detailing in the top right houses the month and year of the wedding to make it a little more personalised. The patterned paper and the dark purple cardstock are also from SU! and the lilac cardstock is from Papercuts. I have distressed and doodled most of the edges to tie everything together. The lady also said she loved my style, so I guess that those lines and stuff are part of it.


Here is a close up of the flowers and stuff. The lady also wanted to me inlcude the bride and grooms name somewhere on the card, so this is the way I decided to, by using the tiny Jewellery tag punch from SU! I distressed the edges using Frayed Burlap ink and punched a tiny hole to thread some natural button twine though.


Here is a quick shot of the inside of the card. I left enough room for the lady to write her own little message. A wedding is all about the personal touches, right?

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Crafty Boots - New Beginnings
× Oh La La Creations - New Beginnings
× Truly, Madly, Crafty - Anything Goes
× UnstampaBelles - No Stamps - rubber or digi

Take it easy and enjoy the rest of your day. Another day spent out of the house for me. Work today, then darts tonight. Yuck. 

1 comment:

  1. so stunning lou.really classy and elegant design and i i love your colours and beautiful sentiment ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews