About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 26 January 2012

Red and Blue, who knew?!

This is it ODDies. This is a sad, sad day. The last stop on an AH-MAZING journey over at Some Odd Girl.I just want to thank Kristy, for choosing me in the first place, and providing me and the DT girls with some of the most awesome images out there to play with until our hearts content. Secondly, the ODD girls for showing off their crazy, mad skillz and inspiring me as well as everyone else out there - NON STOP!!.. and lastly the most dedicated customers EVA!! Thank you for entering our challenges and using our designs as inspirations to guide you all. I appriciate every moment and will treasure this experience forever.

THANK YOU!!

So who wants to join in this last challenge with inspiration brought to you from the best ODDies yet?! 

When I first seen this photo inspiration I was like.. really? But I've grown to love it after seeing what has been pulled out of the bag by everyone.

 

Here's what I came up with using this combo.


Naturally I had to use 2 Hearts Kody and Mae, because they're just too adorable for Valentine's. Plus I love the expression on Kody's face. It gets me every time I colour him up. I used a mixture of My Minds Eye and Pink Paislee papers. I toned down the colours slighty as I didn't really have much to match. The heart has been paper pieced and stamped using a stamp from the Lovey Tobie clear set. The paper is actually grey, but it just looks dirty in the picture! LOL.

To finish of I embellished with some turquoise bakers twine, cream pom pom trim and blue moonstone brads. Minimal, and perfect for a boy! :)

That's about it from me. I gotta run off to work.. so if I remember I'll try and pop back later with my supplies list and some challenges to enter. No promises though. I'm like a dead kid walking after three long days at work and two long nights at darts games and meetings. No rest for the wicked as they say. Roll on the weekend when I'll have the time to sit at my craft desk again!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sad day indeed... I am gonna have to follow you so I can keep up with your creations. This card is so beautiful!! I love Kody's expression.. so sweet. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews