About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 1 May 2011

Dream, Imagine, Love

Hey guys, thank you so much for stopping by today, I have something very special to share with you.. MY FIRST EVER POST AS GDT MEMBER FOR SIMPLY SASSY! I cannot even begin so describe HOW FREAKIN' EXCITED I AM!!

Anywho.. :/ Here goes.. please bare with me..


I used the new 'Carnival Balloon' from Set #6 which can be found over at Funky Kits HERE. Is she not the cutest? There are so many occasions she could be used for. This time round I went with an 'inspiring' sort of card. I have used Basic Grey's Max and Whiskers patterned paper, rub ons and brads. I have added each of the gems by hand in a swirl using Tombow Mono adhesive - I swear by the stufff.


The yummy flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and I have used them alongside some Prima flowers. I have added some waxed thread and pearls to make them unique to the card. Other embellishments include lemon organza ribbon, rub ons and brads from the Max and Whiskers collection, a TH Philosophy tag and a orange gromet from my stash. The 'DREAM' sentiment has been stamped using an alpha stamp set from Studio G - the letters are the perfect size for cards.


Here is a close up of the Simply Sassy - Carnival Balloon. I have coloured her using Promarkers and also paper pieced sections of her dress and balloon:
Skin: Ivory, Blush, Saffron, Baby Pink
Eyes: Cornflower, Midnight Blue
Hair: Vanilla, Cocoa
Flowers in her hair: Pastel Blue, Duck Egg, Mango, Mandarin
Clothes and Shoes: Pastel Blue, Duck Egg, Denim Blue, Tulip Yellow, Mustard, Pastel Yellow Mango, Mandarin
Balloon: Pastel Blue, Duck Egg, Denim Blue, Mango, Mandarin

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
× Tuesday Throwdown - Must Use Brads or Eyelets
× DDH - Paper Piecing
× Ooh La La Creations - Aqua, Bling and a Sentiment
× Sparkles Forum - Anything Goes
× The Crazy Challenge - Use 3 Different Papers

Enjoy what is left of the weekend! :) xo

17 comments:

  1. Supercute, Lou! Congrats on your position, hugs, Miria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've already said congrats on your GDT position, but congrats again!
    Beautiful card Lou, I just adore this image, and so versatile too. Looking forward to seeing all your other Sassys.

    On another note...I wondered why I'd not seen you post anything for ages? Because as I discovered last night I was following a different Lou...very sorry Lou!

    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Lou !! lovin that image !!
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card.Congratulations on your DT post.Thanks for sharing with us at OLL.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your GDT post
    Your card is great, thanks for joining in at SFC

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! wow Lou, this is amazing. Love the gorgeous Sassy and very awesome colouring. Wonderful embellies. Love it!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! This is a fab card, well deserved!

    Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Forum Challenge.

    Hugs, Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so crazy cute-- you are a very talented girl:)...love the details you added to the dress and especially the balloon...very old-school carnival looking!

    bravo:)...xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the brightness of this & your distinctive embellishments - those multicoloured gems are such a brilliant idea (pun wasn't intended). It's made me look at those papers in a different light too. I love how you have mebellished the TH tag & all the different textures in this, including the little bit of organza ribbon peeking out with the lovely "V" tails. the white bordering of the image is beautifully effective too.
    Enjoy the Bank Holiday
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the DDH win! Contact Michelle at Michelle@wannastamp.com for your Free DDH digi!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your fab GDT achievement! Your card is simply delightful! I love your funky colour choice and how you grouped all your embellies together so perfectly - the image is of course fab!

    PS I had to smile when reading your craft resolutions - it's so easy to buy and hoard and something MOST of us are guilty of - good luck with it all! bx

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous hon..think she's my favourite from the new release and congratulations on your guest DT post :0)

    hugs

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I've fallen off of blog land planet - This is the first time I've seen this simply sassy and she is brilliant! Love your work Lou! Now a follower!

    Kimmi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya Lou,
    Congrats on your GDT at Simply Sassy - Fab first post!

    Looking forward to seeing all that you create.

    Fab colours, design and proportions very professional finish - Well deserved GDT!

    GDT - Great Delightful Talent

    Welcome to Simply Sassy!

    Great image of course, love your style :)

    Take care
    Big Hugs
    Casper
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next time!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your GDT position. Such a beautiful card and awesome colouring. Love the pretty detail with the gems.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your GDT spot. Youre going to a really busy gal. I hope your dissertation is coming along great. Btw, how was London last Friday? Where you there in the crowd? I stayed up and watched. It started at 1am, my time and didnt end til around 4am, but just like me, I missed the big kiss. duh Jess, Lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews