About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 2 May 2011

Lexi's Creations - Challenge #39 - Friendship Card

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by today. It was great to see all your projects last fortnight, the 'anything but a card' theme really took off! Some interesting stuff going on - it was great fun to go around and see the more creative side of all you crafters! Congratulations to the Winner #10 Samantha and GD #37 Carrie.

The sponsor this week is Letraset.. and the prize up for grabs is a set of ProMarkers.

Letraset

This fortnight the challenge is 'FRIENDSHIP CARD'. Take that any way you wish, I have gone for a 'friend' themed sentiment and I have used it along side Chrissie with her rollerskates - how sweet is she? I LOVE her hair.

'As Friends.. We Roll Together'


I have coloured Chrissie using ProMarkers, as always. I'm really liking the shading I have on her brown pants. Not a line in sight - all very well blended together, even if I do say so myself. Perhaps all the practicing I have done lately is paying off?

I designed the sentiment myself in Word, printed it and then created two seperate banners. I created the 'banner', 'flag' whatever you want to call it.. end, using my the cornre of my square punch. Really quick and easy.


Her blonde hair has so much more definition IRL, the photos haven't picked it up well at all. I used Vanilla, Cocoa and Ivory. There are so many ProMarker tutorials out there, especially for skin and hair. So many tutorials, so little time. I really like this colour combo for blonde hair, it looks a lot more natural than others I have seen. Obviously I need to add a little more depth in the darker areas for it to show up on photos.


As I have said in previous posts - I have really taken a liking to decorating the inside of my cards - even with something as small as a journal card from the collection I have used on the front of the card. And before anyone asks questions, the white stripe down the right hand side is either purposeful or a mistake by the manufacturer!! LOL. Not!! Me.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Anything Goes
× Moving Along With The Times - Anything Goes
× The Paper Crafting Journey - Bling
× Pixie Dust Studio - Let's Play
× Amber's Crafts and Stuff - Use a Digi Stamp
× Creative Card Crew - Child's Play
× Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes

Head on over to Lexi's Creations now to see what the rest of the talented ladies have come up with! :D xo

19 comments:

  1. Lovely card - great image and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at DDSB this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card. Thank you for joining us at DDSB.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful card Lou, I just love that image. Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, your card is just gorgeous! Design is very good, and everything just fits perfectly! Thanks for joining us over at PCJ.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    PS. Your 1st resolution, make 100 card before buying new DP. Think I should do that as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your little rollergirl!
    Thanks for joining Creative card crew this week!
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. thanks for joining us at DDSB.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, thanks for sharing!

    Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win at Mad Ramblings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful girly card - love the colours and the bling. Thank you for joining in the challenge at MAWTT this week.
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Lou, love your choice of colours - fantastic grass and you Chrissie is adorable and great colouring!!

    So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
    hugs,
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute card thanks for joining us at DDSB

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! Adorable image, beautiful coloured!
    Thanks for joining CCC this week!
    Hugs, Gry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card. I love how you have fringed the BG paper to make grass. Is that a punch, die or by eye??

    Great sentiment too.

    Looking forward to working with you at Lexi's Creations.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute ,I love the little scene, and the sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fab card Lou, love the design and dimension. Her hair is so lovely and yes the colour combo is perfect.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lou, love your creation for Lexi's "friendship' challenge. Wonderful work as usual, love your colour choices and your colouring is fab.

    Thanks for visiting my blog:0)

    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card just love the muted colours and thye fantastic sentiment x
    Thanks for sharing it and joining in with us at paper crafting journey this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. New design i can see in here it's change always people's attention....I like your work.....
    Plastic Card Printing
    Plastic card

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews