About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 23 May 2011

Pear Tree Designs - Challenge #50 - Sketch

Hey guys, I have made two cards to share with you today, following the sketch over at Pear Tree Designs for the new weekly challenge. Thank you to everyone who joined in last week - I'm sorry I couldn't keep up with the comments - you guys join in with these challenges in droves! LOL. But I would like to thank each and every one of your for joining in and making the DTs job of commenting so fun!

Here is the sketch for this weeks challenge.. Don't you love sketches?! You can use as it, or flip it, twist it.. aslong as the basic sketch is still visible on your design.


The sponsor this week is.. 


.. and the winner will recieve a set of 6 new digi images from Jennis site. The DT had the opportunity to use some new images from our sponsor, so be sure to stop by everyones blog to see them all. I used this cute little three flower digi, I coloured it in monochrome grey and added some yellow stitching to the middle flower.

I used Cosmo Cricket Earth Love papers, I had a hard time using the sky paper - as I only have a little left, and it's soo perfect for those 'scene' cards. I distressed and inked the edges and added it all to a Naturals Ivory card base. This isn't my most fave card ever - I had totally ran out of mojo when it came to making this. So.. I apologise.


I added a Postmark sentiment from Whimsy stamps to finish off the sketch and add a sentiment.

************************

Although I didn't like that ^^^ card, I really enjoyed working with this sketch and this is the first card I made using it, this time with a Some Odd Girl© image, designed by Kristy Dalman. She is adorable, and called Mae Yay. What a dream to colour, using my PM's of course. I used some papers from MME Lime Twist Life of the Party collection - such bright and cheerful colours, perfect for a birthday card!!


I used a doily stamp from a Waltzingmouse set in SU! Melon Mambo ink to create some interest on the card base which is Hibiscus Burst from PTI, and of course I had to add a rounded corner. The sentiment is from another PTI set which I have heat embossed in which onto some dark patterned paper and layered with some more patterned paper from the set which I have die cut using my pinking circles nesties.

************************

I hope both of these cards have given you some inspiration to join in with the sketch this week! I always think sketch challenges are so fun, and are my fave to play along with. Check out what the rest of the DT have come up with and leave them some love.

xo Lou.

2 comments:

  1. Two very beautiful creations Lou, love the gorgeous flowers on the first and the adorable image on the second. Fab Lo's and lovely details on both.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous cards lou.i love the flowers and earthy colours on your 1st card and fab fun image on your 2nd card :D


    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews