About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 28 May 2011

The Stamping Bazaar.. ::Party Time Louisa::

Saturday? Already? Woah, this week has FLOWN by!! I sat my last exam yesterday, thank goodness that is all over. Just one more assignment due for 2nd June, but that's easy, right? I do that ALL of the time, and to be honest, I prefer assignments over exams!! Then.. I WILL BE FREE!! Oh, until I actually hear back from the millions of jobs I've applied to and hopefully get one. I digress.

So today, it is my turn to give you all some Stamping Bazaar inspiration!! This time, in the form of Party Time Louisa. I couldn't wait to get this little cutie inked up - she would be perfect for all sorts of occasions, birthdays and new years especially. She is available HERE from TSB Store, and as always has been designed by our very own Marina Neira.

I decided to keep my card a lot more simple than usual.. with just ONE portion of patterned paper.. well.. two if you count the little hearts.. and no sentiment (which I'm doing a lot of lately..). I know!! The card base has been embossed using a gorgeous doily stamp from Waltzingmouse using some Tim Holtz embossing powder. It sort of has sandy bits in it, like.. after you've heat embossed it, which I think you're meant to sand away to create a 'distressed' sort of look, not too sure how that all went?! I think part of the problem was the cardstock I had embossed it on.. it was textured. I don't know, I think a little experimenting is in order. Anywho..


As usual I coloured my image using PM's, I never remember which colours I use so I'm afraid I can't list them. I have really crap PM storage at the moment, so when I am colouring I tend to have all of my pens spread out on my desk and not in individual piles so I find it hard to keep track of which ones I'm using. I'm going to try and write down colour combos which work well together, or rather, the colour combos which I like using and working with - so I always have a reference, which should make the whole colouring experience faster and hassle free! LOL. In theory, at least.


I tried a little 'out of the box' technique with her hat, I think it worked well. This is not the first time I have tried stuff like this, but I'm always a little hesitant with more complicated images, incase I cut too far in and then mess up the lovely clean cut of the nestie. Ahhh, all in due course. I added a few punched hearts with a fiskars punch and added some Cotton Candy Stickles. The patterned paper I've used is from Sweet Threads, one of the new Basic Grey collections. Such cool papers - they actually look textured like material!!

Again, I digress. I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Digi Doodles Best - #60 Anything Goes
× DYSU Challenge Blog - #21 Animals ~ She's a Lioness ;)
× Papercrafting Journey - Anything Goes and/or Your Fave.. ~ ProMarkers are my fave colouring medium
× 4 Crafty Chicks - Colour Challenge  ~ I'm hoping the colours of my patterned paper are a close enough match
× Crafting for All Seasons - Anything Goes
× The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes

Just incase you don't know, every Monday over on The Stamping Bazaar Blog there is a break down of the weeks inspiration. I share Saturdays with Susan, and the other talented designers give you a taste of TSB throughout the other days of the week. In addition to that, every Wednesday we also have a Special Guest Designer Spot which is always worth a look. So be sure to stop by the Blog regular to see what we have to share with you.

Be sure to stop by Susans Blog today to see what she has to share with you all. Thanks for stopping by, xo Lou.

22 comments:

  1. What a super cute image and I love what you've done with it. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card beautifully coloured. Congrats on completing your exams and good luck with the job hunting :0) Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute - I love it. Thank you for joining us over at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooh cute and very nicely coloured too! Thank you so much for joining us at DDSB this week for our Anything Goes challenge. Hugs, Karen.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, adorable image. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this week. Hope to see you again soon. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh lou isnt she a cheeky little scamp, fab card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card us totally gorgeous. So sweet and I love the colours. Good luck with the exams!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colouring is astonishing on this - I'm struck by how the ProMarkers seem to glow. Love your doodling around the edges of the mats & your stamped doilies. Glad your exams are over.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card lou.i love the image, she is gorgeous and stunning colouring and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so adorable. I love your coloring with the Promarkers. I wish I was even half that good. Of course I know I need to practice more. But I always seem to revert back to my Prismacolors. Thanks for joining us at DDSB. Hugs, dj

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at TPS.

    Hugs Liv.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your work! Your coloring is amazing . I, too, am a craftaholic-your resolutions tickle me and I love the edits! Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really lovely. Great image too. Thanks for joining us over at TPS Challenges this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, Lou! I am so glad you joined Sentimental Sundays and I'm really looking forward to all new challenges with your gorgeous creations! I'm now a follower ;). Hugs, Joanna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lou, this is a fabulous card such fun!
    So glad you've been chosen for the Sentimental Sundays DT & looking forward to working with you.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Lou, love that little fellow, hugs Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super card Lou. I think it is pretty scary after you have done all the work coloring and then try to do the 'out of the box' Looks great, so I guess you have got it mastered. I’m glad you joined us for the Do You Stack Up? ANIMAL challenge & hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely and so cute too, thanks for joining us at DDSB.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining at TPS this week......

    Hugs
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just adorable.Great colouring and asuper card.Thanks for joining us at DDSB :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card! Great colouring skills! Thank you for joinning us at Papercrafting Journey
    Zahreen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute card, love that coloring...thanks for playing this week at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews