About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 18 June 2012

Poppies

Gahhh!! Today is the day!! I cannot WAIT. My brand new phone should be arriving anytime between 9:30 and 13:30. EXCITED does not even begin to cover it! :) I've decided to upgrade to the new Samsung Galaxy Note. I know.. I've heard all the jokes before.. it's a total beast. But I've already chosen his new name.. Neo. Neo the Note. I know. I'm such a child. But he's gonna be like my third arm, so me and him are gonna have to have a special relationship thing right from the get go. LOL! Look at me waffling on. Anywho. Considering I've had my old Blackberry bold for three years now, it's definitely time for a change. :) So with any luck he'll arrive before I head out to work, that's if I'm actually AT work today. Waiting for a text off my friend as I totally forgot to check the rota on Friday.

SO!! All being well and I'm OFF work, I'll be having a crafty day with some BRAND NEW images from companies I shall not mention.. and I'ma try and get ahead with my DT work.. although I'm not getting my hopes up. Knowing my luck I'll be at work at 2pm! :(

SO!! Today.. I thought I'd share a card I made about a month back using a gorgeous Hero Arts stamp. Are those poppies not the prettiest thing ever?! I've coloured the gorgeous red poppies using my ProMarkers and kept the image panel the whole length of the card at 5.5".


I didn't want to take anything away from the dramatic flowers, so I decided to create my sentiment on a vellum overlay. I used another Hero Arts stamp for the Happy Birthday - stamped in Staz-On ink. I then pieced 'Great Grandma' together using some black alpha stickers from Cosmo Cricket. To ground the vellum on the card I wrapped some red bakers twine around the right hand side.

Job done!!

Thank you for stopping by today and reading through my excited waffle! I'm sure you'll hear much more about Neo in the days to come! LOL. :)

3 comments:

  1. How fab, Lou! Must get some of my vellum out - I have miles of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stunning lou.beautiful image and your colours are gorgeous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Bet you are excited for Neo to arrive :D Love the image on your card...Such beautiful shading and that vellum is a really nice touch for the sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews