About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 7 June 2012

Tempting Thursday

Morning guys! :) So, I thought you might be sick of seeing my cards already this month.. so I thought I'd share a few of my fave creations around blogland from the last couple of weeks. Mainly for my benefit, I'm not gonna lie.. so all of these amazesauce creations are all in one place! Now I ain't gonna share pictures of cards that don't belong to me without asking the crafters permission first - so this will just be a linky sorta post. Hope that's okay with you all. I'm sure you understand.

What's with the name of the post I hear you ask. Well.. 'tempting' because these ladies TOTALLY sell the products they use - whether that's what they're trying to do or not. After I've read their posts and drooled over their pictures I'm like.. DAMN - I gotta get that stuff!! Then when I do, I can only but wish I'll be as good as them one day! The 'Thursday'.. because.. it's Thursday! ;) Clever, huh?! LOL!!

So first up is a card that I just cannot get out of my head, not that I'd even want to!! The amazing Alyce from Kit and Clowder created THIS card using a new clear set from Some Odd Girl - Renew. Her colouring just blows. my. mind. Everyime and without fail - she just rocks those Copics!! The whole layout, the colour combo and the embellishments. Everything. I just LOVE! :)

Now this next girl has been posting a couplea speed colouring videos of late and I have been mesmerised!! Melissa from Melissa Made is another of my Copic Queens!! She's posted a heap load of goodness over at the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog - so go take a look see!! While you're there you can have a drool over some the other gorgeous creations from the amazeballs Tiddly Inks DT! 

Now talking of Copic Queens - you guys all know Kristy of Some Odd Girl. Don'tcha? Of course you do. Well THIS project really sold the new clear set - Under the Sea Mae to me. Naturally her colouring is out of this world, but I also really enjoy Kristy's style! It's so quirky and unique and I'm always impressed with how she matches colours. Perfectly.

So aside from the amazing artistry in the form of colouring and such.. I also thought I'd share a few links to cards that blow my mind due to the techniques that have been used!

First up is the adorable Britta Swiderski, specifically THESE CARDS she created using multiple techniques - masking, stamping and embossing. I love how bright, clean and fun they are! I also love the supply breakdowns she gives, and the tutorials. Hints and tips galore over at that girls blog.

Kristina Werner with THIS CARD - not only because she challenged herself at the 5 minute card again, but because that colour of mist made me DROOL!

Last but not least, there was THIS card by Dawny P that made me wanna eat it! Not so much technique with this design, but more about layering and design. The crochet doily? The ruffled lace?! Come ON!! It is so good enough to eat!

Now if you're still with me, you derserve a medal. This took me about a week to type up and edit - there was far too much waffle to start with - so this is the streamlined version! LOL.

Be sure to stop by these amazing ladies blogs and show them all some huge love!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lou!!! You know I never saw this post for some reason but I was just being lazy and googly a post on my blog instead of searching for it in blogger (lol lazy I know) and then I saw this!!! :D Thank you sooo much for featuring my card!! Means so much to me Lou :D xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews