About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Christmas is Coming to MMCS

.. can you even believe the title of this post? I SURE CAN'T!!

Regardless, I am MORE than happy to recieve a push in the direction of making my Christmas cards. It's gotta be started sooner or later, right? I hate the stress of rushing towards the end of November, and being totally overwhelmed with the number you have to make!!

Onwards I say, let's have Christmas in August!!


I used some SU! Crumb Cake cardstock and scored a cardbase before taking some delicious papers from the new First Edition Silent Night paper stack. I die cut a bunch of My Favorite Things Winter Wreath from green and pale grey cardstock to layer up. I then die cut some buttons, a bow and some postage stamp edges (all from MFT) from Cherry Cobbler cardstock for embellishing. 

I then added some blue and pale yellow buttons with twine and added some faux stitching.

It looks quick and easy.. and it is. If you don't hand stitch all of the buttons on. What a FAFF!! I cannot help myself though. I hate the look of an 'empty' button, I think they look totally unfinished. So.. on I will trudge hand stitching/threading buttons! :) 

Thanks for stopping by today!
I hope I have encouraged you to get cracking with your Christmas cards. xo

2 comments:

  1. love it Lou, I have those papers ready for when I get my butt in gear lol, lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous lou.i love the wreath and stylish design ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews