About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Mmm, yummy!!

Morning guys! :) Sorry for the late post.

You'd think having a week off work would mean I have a whole week to just focus on my crafty love and making cards and typing up blog posts and stuff. Sadly, that's not the case. I get side tracked with a whole load of other stuff that adult life brings up, you know.. the boring stuff. Anywho.

Better late than never. I guess you've all seen the new challenge over at

This week I picked the theme, and I want you to show me
YUMMY FOOD + DRINK.

The team have done an AWESOME job on this one, and I just know you're gonna draw plenty of inspiration from them! Here's what I came up with for  the challenge


I was still on my clean and simple kick when I created this card, which is why you see a lot of white! Not my usual style, but it's growing on me. Also, not a slice of patterned paper in sight! ;) 

So I created this entire card using Sugar Rush stamps from Paper Smooches. I loveeee that iced cupcake. There is also a doughnut and an old school milkshake in the set too (which you can see being used HERE). So fun!! I stamped each of the images I wanted to use in Angel Pink ink from Memento onto Neenah Solar White Cardstock and went to work with my ProMarkers.

Yellow: Soft Lime, Lemon, Yellow
Orange: Mango, Bright Orange, Orange
Blue: Glacier Blue, Arctic Blue, Sky Blue
Brown: Tan, Cinnamon, Cocoa

I fussy cut each of the images and placed them on my card in a flowing pattern along one side and corner. I used the 'CELEBRATE' stamp, also from the Sugar Rush set and heat embossed it using clear powder and Thatched Straw and Persimmon ink both from Versamagic along the width of the card to give that big yummy cupcake some grounding! 

I finished  the card off with some sprinkles in the form of half pearls in orange and a soda colour. Very lovely. They're from Cheeky Chelsea's Fimo Charms on FB! I highly recommend her! 

So how'd you like it? Be sure to rustle up a yummy creation to share with us over at Passion for ProMarkers and link it up so we can come have a gander! I look forward to seeing what you all create. xo

2 comments:

  1. Your CAS card is beautiful Lou. I love the embossed sentiment and beautiful images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stunning.lou.scrummy yummy image and i love your cas design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews