About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 6 October 2011

Some Odd Girl Sketch Challenge

Good afternoon ODDies!! How's your week been so far?! I've got a long day at work today, and early tomorrow and then I'm off all weekend. Hallelujah. I am knackered with a CAPITAL K!! I'm not really one to suffer from headaches but BOY they've been getting me real good this week. I'm not really one for taking tablets either, not because I don't/can't - just because I'd rather stick it out and then my body won't be bloody immune to them in times of greater need. Know what I mean?! I'm waffling. Sitting glued to the laptop when I have DT projects and orders to get on with won't help much either, but you guys are so entertaining, and don't even get me started on that FB lark!!

Let's get to what you're here for. Time for a new challenge over at Some Odd Girl Challenge Blog!!

This week we've got a little something for ya in the shape of a SKETCH!!


Ohhhh yeah, totally Kristy's style, right?! I had such fun with this as it's not something I would usually work with. Definitely a keeper though.

Here is what I came up with using 70'S KAYLEE from the September Digi Release. I needed to take a break from Christmas cards and this sweetie was the perfect remedy. I paired her up with a Thank You sentiment from a PTI set, just because she looks sorta shy and 'thank you-ish' :)


I don't think I could have stuck to the sketch any better!! I had a right ordeal tryna get an interesting edge for my bottom layer, though. In the end I took a die cut negative from a sheet in a Kaisercraft 6x6 pad I had and traced it then fussy cut it out. I hope you can't tell!! LOL!!

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Anything Goes - Die Cuts/ Punches or BOTH
× Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
× Shopping our Stash - Thanksgiving or Thank You

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill - Kraft, Vellum; Papercuts - Baby Pink
Patterned Papers: Echo Park - Victoria Gardens
Digi/Stamps: Some Odd Girl - 70's Kaylee; PTI - Sending You, Butterfly Dreams
Colour: Copics: Skin - YR000, YR00, E11, R30, Hair - E50, E51, E53, R00 ProMarkers: Cornflower, China Blue, Midnight Blue, Cocoa, Henna Walnut, Honeycomb, Sprice, Ginger, Baby Pink, Salmon Pink, Cocktail Pink, Pastel Gree, Soft Green
Ink: SU! - Sage Shadow; DI - Antique Linen
Dies: Nellie Snellen - MF020 Flower; Nesties - Big Scalloped Circles LG
Tools: Fiskars - Scallop border punch
Misc: brown fineline; Sakura white souffle pen

Be sure to stop by the Challenge Blog and leave the other awesome ladies some love, you know they love reading it! :)

8 comments:

  1. A really cute card, thanks for playing at anything goes this week trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning colouring missus
    absolutely fab card
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh Lou, loving the whole card and you did a great job with the sketch...the bottom edge looks fabulous, would never have known it was hand cut! thanks for joining in at shopping our stash this week...love seeing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card lou.your colouring and design are stunning and i love the image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable and I love how you coloured this super sweet image! Thanks for playing along with us at SOS Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Lou fab image and colouring thanks for joining us for PTW 4th Birthday hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lou, she is SO cute, and I love what you did with the sketch! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews