About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 18 October 2011

Spread Sunshine :)

Hello everyone! :) Thanks for stopping by today, I've got a card to share with you that I posted over on the Saturated Canary FB page a few days ago. I'm just getting around to blogging it now.. because I'm lazy. :) It's late on Monday night when I'm typing this and I'm SO ready for bed. I've been like a dead girl walking today - or more like hobbling. I need some new shoes for work, my ankles feels like they're about to SNAP. I currently wear black Converse All Stars and they do NOT support your ankles/ heels/ feet/ ANYTHING at all. Especially not on a 9 hour shift. Ouch! :( It feels so good to sit down and not feel the pain, but then when I go to stand up to do something I almost fall over because I forget! :( Anywho, enough of the whinging.. I seem to be doing that a lot lately on here, don't I?! *Slaps wrists*

Onto the card. I've been totally ODing on Christmas creations lately, hell, I've even reverted to using some none Christmas-y products to make Christmas cards because I'm that drained with it all. In reality I should be focusing on wedding/ Halloween stuff (obviously not combined) - but I've had a lot of Christmas card orders, so I ain't complaining!!

So.. because of the whole Christmas deal I thought I'd take a break and get one of my new Saturated Canary images coloured up. Because I am actually in LOVE with them.

Meet Peace and Love Hipster. Look at that HAIR!! I wish! <3 You can find this amazing girl HERE over at Krista's Etsy Shop! :) I used some papers from my raffle prize kit from Sarahs Cards LTD - American Crafts - Hello Sunshine. So perfect when I want a break from Christmas stuff.

How many times have I said 'Christmas' in this post?!


I've coloured this gorgeous girl using Copics and Promarkers and added my own little stencilled sky background. I got cocky and tried to add some grass. EPIC fail, but hey. At least she ain't floating now. The layout is really simple, not a lot of room left on a 5.5"x4.25" card when you use the largest Labels Fourteen die.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Saturated Canary - #2 Stitching
× Make it Monday - Anything Goes
 
Enjoy your day, whatever you're up to. I'll be none stop from the moment I get up today. Card orders, then work, then darts, then BED. Oh, and I gotta get my ass into gear and get my SOG creation finished up. It's been sitting at the side of my desk for about a week going all unloved. I've been waiting for my next order of Copics but they're taking TOO LONG!! Keep your eyes peeled for that on Thursday! <3

11 comments:

  1. Very bright job! Love this image! the card is fantastic!!! I saw your card on ‘Make it Monday’

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..I saw your card at MIM..Bright card with bright stamp.. Colouring is well done.. I love teh stitching..Heart is cute :)

    http://merlyn-fineartgallery.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie this is so great love the colours, thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge this week hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome girly!!! love your background and your grass is lovely, not a fail by any means!!!! i adore your random stitching esp the heart. thanks for joining us at saturated canary challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic card lou.i love your bright zingy colours and the image is stunning, so gorgeous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How absolutely adorable! I saw your card at MIM and had to leave a comment on how much I love your card. You colored this image in beautifully and I love the clouds!
    Hugs Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lou - hope you are keeping OK - nice bright cheerful colours on your card as usual, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Lou...fabulous image and colouring...love the sky,

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo Adorable Lou and the colouring is Fantastic..Popped in from Make-it-Monday for a look..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sentiment, it suits her perfectly and great colors too! Saw you on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lou, love your card! You've coloured her wonderfully, really great hair and wonderful background. Great colour combo as well. Saw your entry in MiM and popped over for a closer look. So glad I did. Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews