Apologies for the crap photos. This is my first ever attempt, I quickly put it together on Tuesday afternoon/night to give to a friend who plays bingo at the club I play darts for. I wanted it finished to give to her on the Tuesday, so I had to take the photos in a rush and the glitter wasn't dry or anything. Yikes.
I used my most fave ever font, 'CoffeeShop TallSkinny' from Sweet Shoppe Designs. I love love love it. I used a new die from Cuttlebug Heart #2. My papers are digi from Summer Driggs - Almond & Apples collection. I have been watching soooo many tutorials on YouTube about ProMarker and copic techniques that I can't wait to crack open my Neenah cardstock to play. Here you can see a close up of my handmade spiral flowers. They are so tiny because I used a 1" punch to create the circle before cutting it into a spiral.
I have learnt that it is alright if it takes like.. half an hour to colour an image. And its alright to go back over areas to darken or lighten them if it needs it. And its alright if it doesn't turn out perfect first time every time. Thank you YouTube!! LOL. Anywho.. I love this image - Cherrie with Rose - such a cutie, I love her jeans. I can't wait to print a few more of her out and really perfect my colouring!! It needs a lot of work I know.. but hey.. I'm willing to try.
I would like to ask your opinion on her hair.. do you think it looks brunette or ginger? I really like this colour combo, and if I had more time I would have blended it out a little further so the colour change was more gradual. I think I need to print her out in a bigger size next time too. This one was barely 10cm. I used some more of that gorgeous seam binding from The Ribbon Girl. I loveee the colour of it. I added some cinnamon Stickles here and there too for some added interest.
Now onto my second attempt.. this one is for my gran.
I used another Cherrie this time - Cherrie with Mail and the digi paper is from the same kit as before. The blending on her letters is good (for me).. as for her hair.. YACK!! You can totally see the lines. The shading on her jeans has gone totally wrong too! LOL. I have a lot of improvement to make.
These sprial flowers are all made with a 1" punch too, just some are spiralled tighter than others. I used a the Fiskars border punch - Apron Lace and a Spellbinders Borderabilities die.
So there you have it, my very first attempts at the Splitcoast Stampers take on bookmarks. If you are interested in making one of these, the tutorial can be found here. They are really quick (-ish) to make depending on how much you want to decorate them.. and it gives you a good opportunity to use your scraps! :)
Thanks for stopping by today, I'll try and make sure its not such a quiet week next week! LOL. xo