So in my post laaaate last night I said that I would go over some ways of storage I use atop my desk. As I do have a corner desk I have that little bit of extra room to keep stuff out. I like things to be around the edges, and so I have come up with little ways of having some things in full view all of the time. (Apologies now for the blurry photos - my camera wasn't playing nice!)
Here is a general overview of my desk - the contents of my bag was chucked onto the desk as soon as I walked through the door.. there to act as a reminder that I HAVE WORK TO DO!! No matter how long I put it off for, it will HAVE TO BE DONE..
Here are a set of mini drawers I picked up from Asda on Monday , the cost me around £6 which is reasonable. Top drawer: cards I need to stamp with my details, post about on my blog and them wrap with an envelope into a cellophane bag. Second drawer: stamp images which need colour or are coloured, digi paper and digi designs that I could put to good use. Third drawer: all of my The Ribbon Girl purchases, I can see myself needing a bigger drawer for all that stuff soon though, hehe. Bottom drawer: as it stands its empty, but hey.. Iv've only had the unit two days!!
Now for the experiment I mentioned.. This be Mr. Laminator. :) He's pleased to meet you too.. Anyhoo.. I want to start experimenting with Distress Inks and a blender pen, and needed something bigger than the surface of an acrylic block to play on. So a friend over at the Trimcraft forum (thank you Tracy!! *big grin*) suggested I laminate a slice of paper or cardstock, that way I can create my own slick water proof surface. So when I got in from uni I set about doing that. At first I wanted to create an a3 size, which can be seen in the above picture (just folded in half), but I found I had real trouble feeding the paper in once it got past the first slice of a4 laminating sheet - if you get me.. so I opted to make an a4 size instead and I'll see how I get along with that.
|a4 sheet of laminated cardstock|
And last but not least. One of the reasons I wanted a Cuttlebug was not really for the embossing folders (although I do love them..) it was more for die cutting - specifically with Nestabilities. The picture on the left shows a cheap CD tower which I have used to store my Nesties which I placed in CD cases with some DST. It works so well for me. I only have 5 sets of Nesties at the moment - I hope my collection will grow - the bottom two cases are home to some of my Whimsy Stamp Ticket sentiments and matching die! :)
The picture of the right is of a bookmark I recieved off Di over at the Trimcraft forum as part of a bookmark swap - unfortunately I never took pictures of mine before I posted it off to her, but I though I would show you the gorgeous one she made me using ribbon weaving! :)
Well, thats all for now, thanks for stopping by. I'm off to make some dinner while I have everything under control. I apologise now if I don't make it round peoples blogs - I feel like I spend more time commenting that I do posting these days, what with the DT positions. My poor keyboard is worn out at times. Luckily most of the uni work I will be doing later is using the number keys - give the little letters a rest! LOL.
Enjoy the rest of your day. xo