About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 21 February 2011

Lexi's Creations Challenge #34 - Flowers

Hello hello!! :) Thanks for popping by today.

Congratulations to the Winner: #26 Gemma
and GDS: #28 Lorraine
of last fornights 'Bear' challenge. Get in touch with Lexi and she will sort all your prizes out. There were so many gorgeous entries, I loved looking at everyones creations.
The challenge this fortnight over at Lexi's Creations is FLOWERS! So you can go wild!! A flower stamp, a flower embellishment, flower-y patterned paper - just a few ideas for ya!! :) I can't wait to see what you create.

The prize up for grabs this week is from Ewe 2 Can Craft, they are offering up a beautiful selection of charms for the winner!



I have used the 'Roses' Digi from Fairy Dust Crafts, I have resized it to fit into the largest of the standard ovals nestie. I tried to make the wrapping look like old paper - I don't know how well I have managed that - but hey ho! LOL. I don't feel my ProMarker ability is coming along all that well - maybe with some more time and practice.. or so I keep telling myself.

The spotty green digi paper is from a free digi kit by C Stephens - she designs some gorgeous stuff. I got a few of her sets when I downloaded the free trial of Photoshop - but then the trial ran out and I didn't want to buy the real version - so I use the kits to make hybrid cards now. :)


I added some interest to the background cardstock with a little flower stamp from American Crafts stamped in SU! Crumb Cake ink and then highlighted with Rangers - Glossy Accents. Both the flowers and pearls are from Prima and the brown bakers twine is from The Ribbon Girl.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill - Kraft, SU! Not Quite Navy
Patterned paper: C Stephens digi paper - Spotty Dotty Green
Digis: 'Roses' Digi - Lexi's Creations, Sentiment Ticket - Miss Cute Pie
Stamp: SU! Standard Wheel - Sandy Speckles, American Crafts - Sentiments stamp set
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake
Tools: WRMK - Corner Chomper, Fiskars - Apron Lace border punch
Die: Standard Ovals Large
Misc: white gel pen, Ranger - Glossy Accents
Embellishments: Prima flowers - aqua, green, The Ribbon Girl - brown bakers twine

I hope this has given you an idea, head on over to Lexi's Creations now and show us your flowers.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
× PaperCrafting Journey - Anything Goes
× PaperPlay Challenges - Add Shine
× Terrifically Thrilling Thursday - Show Us What You Got
× The Color Dare - CD97 - Marina Night Rock - I hope these colours are close enough.
× Creative Cottage Challenge - Fabulous Florals

Enjoy the rest of your day. xo

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lou, thank you for your lovelly comments on my blog and becoming a follower, I really apreciate it :) I love this card and that image is just lovelly and I think you have done a fab job colouring it in, very pretty. Lovelly colour combination :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us on Paperplay this week.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! :) I love your crafty resolutions too!!
    So glad you joined us this week for Shelly's Images "Show Us What You Got" Challenge! We hope you'll join us again this week!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely water-marked flowers and coloring on your flowers. Thanks being part of this week's PaperPlay Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Shelly's Images. We hope you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout and I love the twine. Thanks for playing along with the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card - I am loving kraft at the mo !
    I love how you made the background and I think you've coloured that pretty digi really well x
    Thanks for joining in with our fabulous florals challenge at creative cottage this week x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews