About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Seventieth 70th

Some of you may know I attended my second ever craft fayre at the end of October, and because my sister loves me, she hopped on the train from Burton and stopped at mine over the weekend. The night before she was due to leave she sprang upon me that she needed two 70th male birthday cards made within the week. Crikey!! So I set to work..

I didn't think images and stuff would be suitable for these sorta cards, so I went with my version of CAS for the both of them! :)


For the first card I chose some chocolate brown cardstock from Papercuts for my card base paired up with some Baja Blue cardstock from SU! which matched my patterned paper from Kaisercraft Homemaker collection perfectly. I followed a layout I loved the look of from one of Kristina Werners Holiday Card Series cards. I stamped the word 'birthday' from a Hero Arts set in Versamark ink down the entire length of the Baja Blue cardstock. I then added 'happy' using some Jenni Bowlin alpha stickers.

See what I done there?! ;)

To finish it off I used my Slice to create a 0 and a 7. I then attached the numbers to a die cut from the collection a top another die cut spellbinders circle. Mandatory doodles tie it all together.

Now baring in mind these cards were for the same person.. off different people.. :/ I needed to make them radically different. So..

For the second card I used a Kraft card base alongside some papers from Echo Park - For The Record collection. I cut a piece of the plain green patterned paper using a Mat Stack 3 die from PTI and used a coordinating stamp in Garden Green from SU to give it a bit more interest.


I cut some of the gorgeous lime green patterned paper using a ticket die from Whimsy stamps and added some doodles around the edges. To balance it out I added some lime green bakers twine from The Ribbon Girl to the right hand side of the sentiment panel, which was made from some yellow scraps of gingham paper from the same collection.

The sentiment was created using some Jenni Bowlin alpha stickers. Perfecto for this sorta thing. I cut the 7 and 0 with my Slice using some more beige paper from the For The Record collection. Finally I stamped some text from a Waltzing Mouse set on the card base in Crumb Cake ink from SU and rounded the two top corners! Eaaasy peasy! :) 




3 comments:

  1. Wow hun, these are fabbie! Really clever use of shapes and papers, and perfect for male cards. They will go down a storm. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. both stunning cards lou.perfect male colours and the designs are fantastic :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards Lou, these kinds of cards are always a pain for me, never know what to do. You have it spot on hun. Two really great designs.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews