About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 2 November 2010

Mojo - Bonfire Night

Hey all, this card was put together last night, but I wanted to wait until there was natural day light in order to take the photograph.

Man I was annoyed with my first attempt at this, I coloured the image in beautifully (if I do say so myself!!) only to go and spoil it while attempting to add fireworks to the background with stickles. Never again. Those little pots of glitter are NOT, I repeat NOT suitable for detailed work, at least not with my skill anyway. [Does anybody know a way of  applying stickles in very - very - thin lines?] Although I think it has something to do with the type of stickles I used.. 'Distress Stickles' which are matching in colour to the Distress Inks, boy, the nozzle on those bottles are large!! I definitely think the nozzles on those stickles are wider than standard stickle nozzles. So instead of spoiling another image I decided to use a stamp from Hero Arts - Holiday Dolls, its sorta like a spiky shaped thingy, anyway, I thought they would pass as fireworks in the background, as the white card looked slightly bare without them!

Anyhoo.. onto the card..


 
I gave this a go using some of the new ProMarkers I have recently bought, see this post for details on which ones I got. This stamp is g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s, I love her little hat! :) A lot of time and effort went into this card, more so than my usual cards, aside from the fact I had to colour in the image.. twice.

I'm loving that ribbon I used, the colour goes with absolutely everything, its sorta like the Kraft of the ribbon world. LOL. Its nice for tying too; it does as its told. Check out the shine I added to the candy apple with the ProMarker blender then I added glossy accents to the whole apple and toffee, hehe. Aaaand that pearl flourish? New for me, but I'm loving how it makes the image pop! :D

I plan on entering this into:
Mojo Monday #163

Supplies
Solid card stock: SU! - Garden Green; Rymans 200gsm White
Patterned paper: BG - Origins
Stamps: Pink Gem Designs - Guy Fawkes Milly; Hero Arts - Holiday Dolls
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU! - Rose Red; Pumkin Pie; Crushed Curry
Ribbon: Gisela Graham - 39545; PaperMania - Hamstead Fabric Ribbon
Stickers: Jenni Bowlin - Reverse Brown letter stickers
Tools: WRMK - Corner Chomper; MM - Slice (Fa La La)
Miscellaneous: white gel pen; Staedtler triplus fineliner - brown; pearl flourish; various ProMarkers; Ranger - Glossy Accents

If you like to know any of the colours of the ProMarkers I have used, please feel free to email me @ loulouwas@hotmail.com :)

Thats all for now! Darts again tonight, we're away, but we're only at the pub around the corner from my street, very convenient - i.e no last minute rushing around trying to find my darts sack etc! :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a darling card. Love that bit of bling. Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews