About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Girly, Whirly Birthday

It's a week til Christmas Eve!!

ONE WEEK!!

Judging by the speed this year has gone, this next week will go by like.. *zOoOoooooom!!*

Another non Christmas-y creation to share with you all this morning. 

This was part of a commission for my boss at work. 

Knowing this was for a little girl, I went all out with embellishments. I think I have finally conquered my fear of using pink on my creations. Infact, I think I now quite like it! Hah! Who'd have thought?!


I've coloured her up with ProMarkers to match my papers from My Minds Eye Kate and Co. Cambridge Court. I tried out some pleats and a new yellow colour combo on her little party dress. I tried to go with an ombre layered cake too, pretty happy with how it turned out.

If you remember, a few weeks ago I said that I'd be trying to making more of an effort with my backgrounds on coloured images, to take my crafting that little bit further and to make my cards look even more finished. I gotta say, it's going okay. :)

I added some simple cloud outlines and coloured the tops of them with my faded blue. I then added a heap of grass around her feet. 


As for embellishments, hah.. where to begin? 

A big organza ribbon (from The Ribbon Girl) with a little American Crafts ribbon adhered over the knot.
Some Wild Orchid Crafts 10mm roses, a MFT circle doily, a kraft doily (which is almost completely covered, but you can see a little bit poking out on the right hand side of the image), a little crochet trim (again, from The Ribbon Girl), an embossed vellum fence die cut aaaaaaaaaaaaaand of course, some liquid pearls. So pretty.

I really need to start entering my cards into some challenges, I'm getting pretty useless at this. Perhaps I can make that another new years resolution?! LOL!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! :) xo

2 comments:

  1. What a great card, lovely bright colours
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous lou.i love your design and details and the image is stunning :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews