About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 15 December 2013

Husbands Christmas

I had a couple orders over Christmas for cards for husbands.

I had to use this lovey-dovey image from Lili of the Valley.

I used traditional colours on both cards, but switched it up a little each time. You know me, I can't want won't make the same card twice. 

***********************************************

I used Echo Park 'tis the Season on this card. I matted it onto some red cardstock.
I added a postage stamp edge around my image panel.
The sentiment was created using Lawn Fawn alpha stamps, and I die cut it using an oval die.
I added a die cut Christmas tree, a snow flake charm, and some green grosgrain ribbon.


 ***********************************************

For this card I used a paper pack from My Minds Eye Lost and Found Christmas, which has a slightly more vintage feel. Love that burgundy damask.

I added a scalloped edge to the circle image panel.

As for embellishments, there are some die cut vellum snowflakes, a little gingerbread man button from Doodlebug (LOVE) some khaki buttons, and some gold Liquid Pearls.


 ***********************************************

I coloured both images using my ProMarkers. I added Viva Decor Pearl to the snowflakes on the stamped image. I definitely see me using this image again for a few cards next year, and I think I'll be adding a night time sky to a few of them - it may make it feel even more lovey-dovey! Heh.

Thanks for stopping by.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. xo

2 comments:

  1. Ooh! these are both so scrummy Lou, gorgeous design & details.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. both so gorgeous lou.stunning designs and colours and the lotv images are so sweet :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews