About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 21 December 2013

Vintage Christmas Wreath

What a wonderful lazy Saturday I'm having. :) I thought I'd type this post up 'live' as it were - as I knew I'd be chilling out at home today. What does your Saturday have in store?

*********************************************************

I've been watching Create and Craft all morning (on mute, because some of the presenters and guests voices really grate on me..) and updating my Cartolinas FB page with pictures, price lists and general chit chat.

Now it's my blogs turn to have a few more scheduled posts sorted.

Later on today I plan on making what I *think* will be my last card of 2013 and then I am blitzing my craft room in preparation for the arrival of 2014 and everything the year will bring me, craft-wise.

Over the past 6 months or so, I think I've become a lot more organised when it comes to storing my crafty stash. The things that I have organised well, and things that are kept within easy reach are the items I find myself using time and time again. Now that I have the *hot spots* as it were, in my room sussed - places I can easily get to and reach from the comfort of my chair - I will hopefully (with all good intentions) rotate my stash every now and again, to make sure I keep my designs fresh, and use up everything I own, instead of hoarding some things and using others over and over again.

I mean I know we all wish for a bigger space, but I like to think of it this way.. the less space I have (and let's face it, my space is tiny..) the less chance I have of buying things just because I like them. I buy things because I know they're gonna have to get used otherwise they're gonna take up room which I can't really spare on useless things.

I'm really looking forward to a crafty 2014!

*********************************************************

Aside from my waffle, I thought I'd share another Christmas card with you. :) 

This has been made using the Die-namics Winter Wreath. I cut it from dark green cardstock and some lighter green patterned paper from a waaay old Basic Grey stack (I'm trying my best to use up my little bits and pieces) before layering them altogether. 

I then added some die cut vellum snowflakes, punched some tiny hearts from Bazzill Bling cardstock and added a bunch of red Liquid Pearls all over to give the illusion of little holly berries.


A pretty simple card, all in all, but the wreath takes a bit of time to layer together and arrange. Worth it though, I think it's soo pretty.

*********************************************************

That's all I've got for ya today. I'm off to schedule some more posts and then I will take myself off to the craft desk and begin creating.

Happy Saturday. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews