About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 11 September 2011

Sentimental Sundays #72 - Autumn

9/11 - Never Forget.
Always in our thoughts.


Good morning Sunday!! My mother is back some time this afternoon - I blitzed the house yesterday morning. It took me from about 6:30 til 9:00 to get it up to standard. But it's done now! :) Means I get a lie in today with no worries. No post to get up for and no tidying to be done. Result.

Anywho, time for another challenge over at Sentimental Sundays!! The weeks are flying by, are they not? How many weeks til Christmas?! *cough* lets not get into that..

This week we want to see

AUTUMN

projects. That could include a number of things. Halloween themed, autumn colours, falling leaves, harvest berries. Show us what Autumn means to you!! For me it's probably one of my fave times of year. The colours of the leaves on trees are just beautiful, and the temperature is just how I like it!

Of course.. Halloween also falls in Autumn! My FAVE holiday EVER. I wish we made more of a big deal like they do over the pond. Like people decorating their houses and kids out trick or treating all day.. halloween parties and scary movies. I can always dream.

So for my autumn themed project I decided to create a Halloween card.


The Pollycraft digi is from Paula's recent Tuesday Treats - part of a set of three 'unseen' stamps. Isn't she awesome?! It's Luna Bitterfrost of course.

Okay, now I'm gonna be honest.. can you spot the little accident I had?! Well.. I'm gonna be a little gruesome and say that it's a head shot - she is a vampire after all - when in fact it's because I leaned the image up against my open Frayed Burlap DI while I was prepping the rest of the card. Call me useless - but I just didn't have the time or energy to colour another Luna! :( I'm sorry Luna but you've not got a hole in your head. *cruel laugh*

I've coloured her using a mixture of Copics and ProMarkers. I've used papers from MME Mischievous collection. I've also added a little stencilling - the moon, some embossing - the sentiment from Hero Arts, and some hand stitching along the bottom of the main panel. :)


I repeated the stencilling on the inside of the card and added two more bats, from the same Hero Arts set as the sentiment.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Colour me Creative - Halloween or Fall
 
Need some more AUTUMN inspiration?! Head on over to the Sentimental Sundays blog now and see what the other awesome ladies have got for ya!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lou! Poor Luna! Lols! If fits the Halloween theme perfectly though for her to have a hole in her head! Awesome card!


    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lou, I think the bullet hole is perfect! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha this is brillaint lou and the bullet hole is a genius accident ;D
    love your colours and the fab moon and bats ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews