About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 22 September 2011

Some Odd Girl Challenge - ::*Picture Inspiration*::

Guess what? :) Time for a new challenge over at Some Odd Girl this week! Can I hear a YAAAY?! Congrats to the winner and faves of our Stitching challenge. To check out whether you got picked see THIS post. Did you all have fun on our Holidau Hop showcasing the whole new CLEAR RELEASE? Check out HOP WINNERS HERE to see if you were lucky enough to get some freebies!!

Now.. onto the challenge for the next fortnight.. We've got a little colour/ picture inspiration for ya in the form of this yummy picture..


Here is what I came up with.


I dunno - I've hummed and haa'd about this card since I got to making it. I was really looking forward to using the picture and colours as inspiration - but when push come to shove I just couldn't make it work. Anywho, I've used papers from MME Everybody Loves Christmas collection. Pretty neat deal there huh? Admittedly there is some extra red and stuff thrown in there - but it is a holiday card after all.


I (of course) HAD to use Deer Mae from the latest CLEAR RELEASE which can be found HERE over at the Some Odd Girl Store. I've coloured her using the usual Copics and ProMarkers and fussy cut her out.

The layout of this card is REALLY simple for me - the only embellishment being the hand stitching. But I thought the papers were busy enough without adding more bumph on top!! Hope you like more than me! LOL.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
× FBC - Keep It Simple
I understand that this is not the 'traditional' simple - but hell.. it's simple for me. I think the patterned papers just make it look busy *sweet face*
× The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes
× 7 Kids College Fund - Holiday Goodness
× Simon Says - Dies to Die for
I've used a SU! Scalloped Circle punch to create my sentiment element

P.S If you haven't done so already.. head on over to our SOG Flickr Group and check out what fun stuff is happening!! The first of our Christmas challenges is up and rolling, ready for you to join in!


6 comments:

  1. Oh Lou what a gorgeous pic to take inspiration from, your card is stunning, love how you give them a little nose. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl, i don't care WHAT you say about "not making this work" - it's GORJE! i love the papers, and simple is perfect for this card because your colouring is fantastic! the little hand stitching bit made me squee! ALMOST makes me want to get out my needle and thread/hemp/twine/whatever, but not quite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you possibly find any better paper to match the colors.....NO WAY!! This is stunning. You always know how to make the images pop out! LOVE IT! No extras needed. perfect as is! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Lou - your Mae is adorable! I love those fabulous papers and your gorgeous gorgeous coloring!!! Love the little stitching too!
    FABULOUS
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou, this is gorgeous! I love your coloring. So fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card lou.love your bright colours and design and the image is gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews