About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 18 September 2011

Sentimental Sundays #73

Hey Sentimental Fools. Another Sunday, another Challenge!!

[Warning: SOG heavy post. I know you love it! ;)]

Over at Sentimental Sundays today we want to see your..

MONOCHROME

creations.

I was TOTALLY inspired by THIS card from Coops earlier in the week and just HAD to HAD to do something similar. The whole sepia look is just too delicious to pass up.

Here is what I came up with.


Really simple layout, no doodling, no distressing. Was I ill, I hear you ask. No, no I wasn't. I just wanted all eyes on sepia Mae! ;)

I have paper pieced her bow using some paper from My Minds Eye - Lime Twist: Life of the Party collection pack and used the same paper to create a scalloped strip near the bottom to draw attention to the sentiment from PTI which has been stamped in Rich Cocoa ink.

I have used Walnut, Cocoa and Cinnamon PM's to colour the darkest areas, and Tan and Almond for her skin. Obviously using limited colours you can't create as much depth. Maybe this is something I gotta try out using my Copics as I have a few more E's.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Createalicious Challenges - Anything Goes
× Dutch Dare - Monochromatic

Be sure to stop by the Sentimental Sundays Blog and get some more monochromatic inspiration for the other lovely ladies! Oh, and speaking of monochromatic..

Want some EXTRA inspiration?! Did you people see Leah's card for the SOG Blog Hop. Talk about monochromatic!! WOWZERS.

I've asked her permission to show it again today over here.. and she was only too happy to oblige!! :D So here you have it..


Check out her other ODD creations at her BLOG. AWESOME work!!

P.S The SOG Blog Hop is running until 11:59PM EST TONIGHT!! Get your comments in to be in with a chance of winning - the winners will be announced on MONDAY at the SOG Challenge Blog. BUT!! If you can't wait that long, be sure to stop by the Some Odd Girl STORE to pre-order them, saving $1 off normal retail price until Monday.

Peace.

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow Lou, two stunning cards, absolutely love the brown tones! perfect card. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou your monochromatic card is fabolous! I totally love sepia colours, and this Mae is sooooooo sweet.... It's clear, and simple, but I love it! These 4 elements are all the card needs. Adorable!

    Hugs,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card lou.i love your sepia colouring and gorgeous image and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Your colouring in totally amazing! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one gorgeous card just love the image and colors on this bless you for playing at creatalicious this month hugs cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! I love the image and how you used our theme at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaahh these are super gorgeous , thank you for joining in our anything goes challenge at Creatalicious.
    Hugs Kaylou xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely monochromatic card this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for the love, love! your card is wonderfully gorgeous and i love the rich warmth with the colours. i am DOWN WITH BROWN! awwww, yeah!

    your enthusiasm is awesome, by the way. your blog has quickly become one of my absolute faves to visit, period. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews