About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Hello, it's a SKETCH!!

Welcome guys! :) It's time for another Passion for ProMarkers challenge, and this time we've a sketch to play with - whipped up by our one and only Lou!

Here's the sketch she's created for us to work with.


I love it! There are so many possibilities. You can choose to leave it CAS or really go to town with embellishments. I went somewhere in between. 

I printed my Wryn - Spring Bling image from Tiddly Inks a little larger at almost 4.5", so that ended up taking up the majority of the card - but I had a blast colouring her. In fact, most of this image was coloured while I was camped out in the car waiting for my Mother's in the doctors. I never go anywhere without something to occupy my hands or brain..

Onwards.

I used a slice of waaay old paper from Echo Park for my green polka dots, then created an embossed panel for the top of my card using a Die'sire embossing folder called WISH. I've wanted to get my hands on this for AGES, but wasn't entirely convinced a 6x6" folder would go through my little ol' Cuttlebug. 

I was wrong. It fit like a glove!! WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?!

I added some Desert Sand Fireworks to the embossed portion and adhered them to my card base.


For the main panel, I matted Wryn onto a scalloped circle - another sheet of waaay old Echo Park from the same pack. I then thought I'd try and use up some of the bulging stash of paper flowers I seem to have acquired over the years. I picked out some peach pretties and attached them to the card using some rescused (from the bottom of a drawer, going to waste) brads.

Ohhh boy, am I using it up! :D Go mee!! Go mee!!

I thought the card needed a little button, so I picked this aqua one from my stash and attached it to the card using some natural twine from The Ribbon Girl (of which I have about 50cm left - told ya I was doing well) - and then went to town with some Cantaloupe and Bisque Liquid Pearls.

Jobs a good'n. 

Not 100% sure what happened to my photo - it looks a little washed out, the colours are more vibrant in real life. Perhaps my camera was having an off day. Yeah, an off day. My camera. We'll blame him. I like that!!

That's all from me today. Thank you so much for stopping by! Be sure to head over to the Passion for ProMarkers BLOG and join in this week!! Who doesn't love a SKETCH, right? xo

2 comments:

  1. What a fabby spring fresh card. It's so cute and the little detail you have added is just spot on.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stunning lou.i love this sweet wryn and your colouring and details are fabulous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews