About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Woodgrain Love

Hey guys! It's Wednesday.. again! 
I've had a very dramatic weekend, so I was pleased that I had a few cards already made that I had stock piled on my week off work. 

Friday night I fell off my push bike.. I stupidly wasn't wearing a helmet. So instead of just letting my skull flop to the tarmac.. I stuck my elbow out. A swift trip to A+E it was confirmed that it was just terrible bruising. Some strong Iburprogen, and a bag of frozen peas later.. I think I'm back on track.

I learnt from my mistake, and went out the next day to buy a new helmet and hi-viz. Job done. :) Trouble is, I always gotta learn the hard way!!

I DIGRESS!! It's free week over at My Mum's Craft Shop this week. So I thought I'd take advantage and whip up a CAS card using some of my favourites. 


I took HUGE inspiration from THIS card that was posted on the Neat & Tangled blog. Loveeeee this. Straight away I knew I wanted to try this out with a woodgrain pattern.

My Favorite Things - Western Backgrounds
Avery Elle - Petals and Stems dies

I added a sprinkling of rhinestones and sequins from my stash. Job done! Can't wait to try this technique out a little more. 

Be sure to stop by the My Mum's Craft Shop blog each day for inspiration from the awesome sauce design team! That's all from me for today. xo

1 comment:

  1. love this lou.stunning cas design and that woodgrain is fabulous.hope you are feeling better now hun :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews