About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Happy Birthday - Car

Hey all, last week I promised you a few scheduled posts. So here is one!! I am writing this earlier than I thought I would be able to. I have just this minute finished up my Environment Sustainability Assignment, proof read, and proof read again, if anyone would like to read it over for me, please let me know. LOL

So the card for today is a birthday card, specifically for a male. A lad over the road has a birthday on the 4th of November, and he is well into his cars, so I thought this image would be perfect. I wasn't too sure about the colours I've used on this card, but the more I look at it, the more it is growing on me. I have had it standing on my desk since I made it, and only last night did it get put into a wrapper for safe keeping.

On to the card..


I tried to keep it relatively simple - but not too plain - to keep the focus on the image and sentiment.

Supplies
Solid card stock: Bazzill - Mint Green
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket - The Boyfriend
Die-cut sticker: Cosmo Cricket - The Boyfriend cardstock stickers
Die-cut: Cosmo Cricket - The Boyfriend elements sheet
Stamp: Hero Arts - Birthday Sayings
Ink: SU! - Pumpkin Pie
Tape: 7 Gypsies Stip Gaffer Tape
Tools: WRMK - Corner Chomper; SU! - Paper Piercer; SU! - Scalloped Circle punch
Miscellaneous: Ranger - Glossy Accents

I am still in love with glossy accents, even after all this time. I love the effect it gives when you just blob a circle onto your design as opposed to spreading it out to form a layer. These coloured circles on the elements sheet cut out look like little bubbles!! Just lovely!!

Well, I am terribly proud of myself for finishing this assignment in advance of the night before it is due, which I must admit.. is usually the case. I cannot help it, I find that that is the way I work best, under pressure and with lack of sleep. Call me weird, I do.

Sooo.. in light of all of that I might just treat myself to a bit of crafting when I get in from darts later on. Depending on how tired I am of course. My eyes are closing as I write this. But needs must, I have a build up of craftyness inside of me.

Ok, enough with the rambling!! Enjoy the rest of your day/night.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews