About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 3 October 2010

Late Night Creation..

Hey all, I thought I would make a card before I went to bed tonight, to get a bit of that creativity out of my system before uni tomorrow, otherwise you'll find me doodling card designs all over my notes. Anyhoo, I have been looking at various peoples blogs today, and have been particularly inspired by Geralyn, over at her blog. This card really intrigued me, and I decided to give it a go myself but with my own twist.

So here it is..


Totally not my usual style, but you know something, I'm really liking it. The Restoration 6x6 pad from Crate Paper is just a dream to work with. At first when you look at the patterns, you're like, aowww man, they won't go together, but personally, I think they look FAB!! Totally FAB!! Along with a little bit of ribbon (stapled onto the card might I add, which is something I would never normally do (what is it with me today?!)) and the trusty faux stitching with white gel pen, as well as some black journaling pen this time around, this card came together in about half an hour.

I cut the little butterfly out using the Just Chillin' design card for Slice, which is probably my favourite card at the moment. I was considering buying the 3-in-1 Butterfly Punch by Martha Stewart, but then I thought, why? I have three different and gorgeous little butterflies on that design card!! I find it helps if you turn the paper face down when cutting with the slice, so the pattern you want to show is facing your glass cutting mat, that gives a smoother finish to the corners without the white core of the patterned paper being exposed after the blade has cut through.

You will notice that the 'Happy Birthday' greeting on the card is embossed in white, well, today I decided to break out a new Versamark ink pad, as my old one was drying up more and more each time I was using it. Out with the old and in with the new, and DAM!! I forgot how gorgeous and sticky and fresh a new Versamark pad is, what a beautiful thing. It also gives a more clean finish once the embossing powder has been sprinkled on and heat set.


 And of course, the (now) old faithful, GLOSSY ACCENTS, had to make an apperance somewhere on  the card, and I decided that place had to be on that butterfly. Gorgeous, if I do say so myself. Although the photo doesn't do it much justice, considering it wasn't dry when I took the photos for this card.


I think that has been quite enough chit-chat for one card, on with the supplies list and then I shall be packing my bag for tomorrows outing to the Ouseburn Valley, with my ecology class, to survey ponds.

Supplies
Solid card stock: Bazzill - Kraft; SU! - Pumpkin Pie; SU! Pretty in Pink
Patterned paper: Crate Paper - Restoration 6x6 pad
Stamp: Hero Arts - Big Hugs
Ink: Versamark
Embossing powder: American Crafts - Opaque White
Punch: Fiskars - Apron Lace
Ribbon: DoCrafts - Classic Christmas
Tools: WRKM - Corner Chomper; MM - Slice (Just Chillin'); 1" Circle punch
Miscellaneous: White Gel Pen; Black Journaling Pen; Ranger - Glossy Accents, Stapler & Staples

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a great start to the week tomorrow.

Goodnight all. xo

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, such pretty colours.
    But OMG! Strawberry beer - it must be yummy.
    Thanks for visiting me.
    Sally. x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews