About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 17 October 2010

PB Saturday Challenge

Hey all, thanks for stopping by today, just a quick post before I get onto some studying, as I wanted to enter another challenge. You could say.. I'm officially addicted. I love the challenges, as they force me out of my comfort zone, I have made two, yes TWO, 5 1/2"x5 1/2" cards in two days, a couple weeks back I would never have dreamed of doing that, all that space to fill, yikes!!

So here is the second square card I have made this weekend, and this is for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge Week 123, its a sketch challenge, so I went to town and done my own thing.. and decided to use that gorgeous bloom I pieced together the other day.

So this is the card I made following this sketch..







A lovely simple sketch. I tried to keep the colours all similar but varying the patterns.. and making the main focus of the card the bloom. As for the greeting, 'A Gift for You'.. this came about as I decided to make the bloom into a magnet, this way the recipient can remove the bloom and use it as a decoration elsewhere, perhaps on a fridge or a magnetic board.

Black diamond stickles, YUMM!


This picture demonstrates the bloom detatched from the magnet on the card front.

 Thats all for now, I will be back later with an update of the inside of the card and the envelope. Need to let those yummy stickles dry before I can do anything else. In the mean time, that Environmental Sustainability assignment is calling my name!!

Lou. xo

3 comments:

  1. love the colours, the stitching and the flower magnet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou this is stunning, striking colour combo I love it, thanks for sharing with us at pbsc. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous and fab colours.
    Thanks for joining at PBSC this week and using my sketch.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews