About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 14 March 2011

Cherrie, Cherrie, Cherrie..

..oh how I love your cute little face!! LOL. I love colouring this little cutie - whether it be with ProMarkers or lead pencil!! This image is available in digi from Tickled Pink Stamps - I loooove their images, just so perfect and versatile.

I have made this card to enter into their current challenge.. Black & White + One Colour. This post also doubles up as a GDT call for the month of May. Pop on over and have a look, you have nothing to lose, and their current DT and GD provide immense inspiration! Yummy yum!!


This little sweetie is Cherrie with Rose - isn't she just the best?! I love her pigtails maaaann!! I have coloured her using lead pencils and a cotton bud, I have coloured the rose using blue ProMarkers to keep in with the colour theme. I have added a panel of Bashful Blue cardstock down the left hand side, stamped with the flourish stamp from SU! Bliss. I added some blue stitching using my WRMK - Sew Easy tool. I rounded the corners and distressed the edges.


I added some Frosted Lace Stickles around the outside of my die cut (labels 14 nesties), as well as some stamps from 7Gypsies in Bashful Blue and Crumb Cake ink both from SU!. A few Prima pearls dotted here and there add some interest to the blank space.

The black card base is clear embossed using the same flourish stamp. This can be seen more clearly in the following picture. This is one of the first techniques I really learnt, and I have been addicted ever since, I love the effect it gives, and watching the embossing powder melt is so relaxing!



This is one of the first ever bows I created using my new Bow-Easy tool, I love it!! Such a simple little tool - yet it creates the most gorgeous bows. I embellished it using a lovely white vintage pearl stick from The Ribbon Girl.


These tickets are from Whimsy Stamps Friendship Tickets stamps set! I have waited aaaaaages for these to come back into stock at Quixotic Paperie! :) I was thrilled when they arrived, they're just as lovely as I imagined they would be. All of the ticket stamps co-ordinate with the ticket die which makes them super easy to cut out and more fun to work with!

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges - Challenge #10 - Black, White & One Colour
× One Stitch At A Time Challenge - Challenge #53 - Glitter & Gems
× Alys Sunday Challenge - Anything Goes
× Let's Ink It Up - Challenge #10 - Embossing


Thank you for stopping by today. I'm off to darts tonight, wish me luck. We are at home, so I have made some carrot muffins. Sorta like carrot cake - but mini versions! LOL. I loooove them. I make cream cheese icing with orange juice to top them off. They go down a treat let me tell you.  xo

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute Lou!!! I love the black and white colouring and your embossing is lovely, those tickets are fabby!!!! Thanks for joining in with us this week at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges....
    Big hugs
    Emma
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable image, fab colour combo and embossing. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck. Hugs Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabby job girl! Is that the trick, color with pencils? Sounds very interesting! You have chosen a wonderful accent color. Good luck with the GDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Lou, thanks so much for sharing with us at OSAAT,

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fantastic card. I love the colours, the embellishments and the embossing adds real dimension to the overall effect.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Let's Ink It Up.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you have coloured your image and highlited the rose in blue. The background embossing and all your other details makes such a pretty card!
    Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up challenge.
    Sharon G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, lovely! The stitching is so nice, just as the pin in that bow :-)
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tickled Pink Stamps.
    Hugs Ing

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many gorgeous subtle details..wow!!! love your embossing, stitching and stamping..and coloured with a lead pencil..way clevah!! thanks for joining in with us this week at TPSC
    Hugs Leonie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooooo cute!! I love it! :D

    Thanks for playing with us over at TPSC!

    / Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww! SO cute!

    Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges this week! :D

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews