About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 26 June 2011

Pollycraft DT Call

My third post for the day, I know.. I'm going crazy, but please bare with me. I have been too-ing and fro-ing with the idea of applying to Pollycraft since the Call first went out - and today (talk about leaving things til the last minute!!) I decided I would.. LOL!!

So.. there was the opportunity to grab two freebies.. hello?! You do NOT want to miss a chance like that - the images are a dream to colour!! See THIS post for all the details. I already have all the Chester (the little monkey), and you guys know I love him!!

I decided to go with Sonny's Party - which seemed to be the most popular choice amongst the other DT applicants. I have coloured her with a mixture of PMs and Copics and fussy cut her out.


I teamed her up with some patterned paper from MME Lime Twist - Life of the Party collection and some Pretty in Pink and Crumb Cake cardstock from SU! I have used numerous nesties to create my layout as well as a greeting stamp from Hero Arts.


I, of course, had to get some WOC goodness in there, so I've added some roses and cherry blossoms along side a homemade clay doodad - which I'm growing ever so fond of - I NEED more colours of clay! LOL.

I hope you like this colourful creation as much as I do. It has a lot more pink than I usually work with - but I was having a happy day, so I thought I would go along with it! LOL.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
(I'll update it with challenges when I get back)
× The Crafty Pad - Bold and Bright or Soft Pastels
× Challenge up your Life - Circles
× Totally Paper Crafts - Spots & Stripes
× Art Impressions Stamps - Handmade Flowers
× CCEE1125 - Pink
× Rainbow Lady - Digi Day
× Southern Girls Challenge - Anything Goes

You know what I just noticed?! NO corner rounding and NO stitching, real of faux, on this card!! *picks jaw off the table* Boy!! All of that pink must have done something to my brain!

Thanks for stopping by today guys, I'm off to McDonalds. As rumour has it.. the Big Tasty is back in town!! Yeeehaaa!! xo Lou.

12 comments:

  1. An amazing creation Lou, love the fab design and details. Perfect colouring as always. Good Luck with the DT call hun. Enjoy your Maccy D's

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the McDonalds. I love the shading of her dress & those blue eyes. Those splasehes ofr ed are ever so effective & I love the wayyour two colours of twine pick up the pink striped & lime green zig zags of the papers. I like how the touces of aqua really work with the dark mint green too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou this is brilliant!!! I absolutely love it!

    thanks for entering the dt call!!

    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card lou.the image is fab and i love your stunning colours and gorgeous embellies :D
    good luck in the dt call.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a lovely creation Lou, Good luck with the DT call!
    Hugs Kobie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I have to agree those blue eyes are just amazing! along with your card, very chick! And I love the added touch of the twine! Thank you so much for sharing and playing along with us this week at The Crafty Pad :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is wicked! I love Paula's images, (I was too shy to enter the DT call....would never be good enough!) All the best in the DT call, and thanks for playing along at THE CRAFTY PAD this week. Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card love it. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really chuffed to see you made it onto the Pollycraft DT! Your card is super!

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on making the team! Paula made a great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning work - and congrats on the DT call Thanks for joining in with Totally PaperCraft this week - Good Luck
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such a stunning creation! Love all the colours - great job :)
    Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews