About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 23 June 2011

Sassy Drawers

Hey guys, I'm going to apologise now for the complete lack of finished-ness this post has within it. You'll understand what I mean when you read on..

It's my turn to give you sugar addicts another tutorial.. this time.. we're going to try out some..

SASSY DRAWERS..

Yup, you read right! ;) Here is the photo of the finished (half finished.. geee, who am I kidding?! no where NEAR finished project..) please forgive me!


Supplies for the base drawers:
2x 6x6" pieces of cardstock (I've used Core'dinations)
4x 3 1/2x4 3/4" cardstock ~ for the drawer inners
4x 6 1/4x3 1/2" cardstock or patterned paper ~ for the drawer sliders
4x 2 3/8x3 3/8" pieces of patterned paper ~ for drawer inserts


Firstly, take the four pieces of cardstock cut for the drawer inners and score at 5/8" on all four sides.
Take the pieces of patterned paper or cardstock you've cut for your drawer sliders and score at:
5/8" then fold and crease, place this score line at the edge of your score board and score at 2 1/4", again, fold and crease and place that score line at the edge of your score board and score at 5/8", finally fold and crease this and move that score line to the edge of the scoreboard and score at 2 1/4".


Cut away small triangles on the scorelines of your box inners to create tabs to fold down and glue.  


Assemble all eight pieces.


Take your drawer inserts and place those inside the drawer inners, securing in place with adhesive.


Start to attach the drawer sliders down onto one of the 6x6" pieces of cardstock, as shown.

Once this has been assembled using the layout shown in the picture above, place the remaining 6x6" piece of cardstock on top securely. Next comes the easel part for decorative purposes.

For the easel card you will need:
11 1/2x 3 3/4" piece of cardstock scored at 2 7/8 and 5 3/4.

I have chosen these measurements specifically so as to leave a border around the drawer base for a more professional finish. You can decorate the front of your easel card, including the stopper, how you wish. I have chosen to use Amelia - she is available HERE from Funky Kits.


I hope I haven't missed anything too important out. It is currently 02:58 here in the UK right now and I have an early morning, so I best be hitting the hay. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask or drop me an email. I'm here to help.

I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial, I'm so sorry I don't have a finished piece to share with you right now, but you're a smart bunch and you all know how to decorate a card. Perhaps as a treat I will try and squeeze another one of these creations in for my post on Sunday, fully finished and decorated. No promises though.

I've got my first ever craft fayre in August, so I'm trying to think outside the box with regards to 3D projects and other things aside from cards that I hope *fingers crossed* will sell well. Let me know what you think.

xo Lou.

3 comments:

  1. fantastic tutorial lou.really easy to follow and i love this fab sassy :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours & your decoration of the inside of the drawers is a lovely attention to detail. No apologies needed - you seem to be up to rather a lot at present. I'm so pleased you used inches too. All the best with the Craft Fayre - they're very unpredictable things & jo Public is very peculiar. My Mum had a table at the monthly Brecon Craft Market where she sold her own designed & made crochet items; sometimes she barely covered her costs.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. in the middle of making these Lou..will let you know how i get on...what have you used for drawer openers???

    sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews