About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 30 January 2012

More Favourite Things

Last DT challenge for the month of January.. how quickly has the first month of 2012 flown?! VERY fast!! A lotta fave things have been happening this month over at Cartolinas. Good job I have a lot of favourite things I like crafting with, heehee.

This week over at Pollycraft we want you to make a project to showcase 

YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS

We can't wait to see what kinda things you guys show us. So let's head right into it.

For my card I used the gorgeous Luna Bitterfrost - Hearts Rock. This girl (along with Sonny Honeycloud) is half the reason I fell in love with Pollycraft in the first place. Her and Chester had my heart from first sight. :)


Okay, so truth is.. I woulda gone with a brown and blue combo - as that is my all time fave. EVA. But there has been a LOT of that on my blog just recently, so instead I took my colour inspiration from my favourite paper pad right now. My Minds Eye - Breeze. Gahhh!! I could sit and stroke it all day, but instead I've been a REALLY good girl and I've cut into it with no holds barred. I think there are only 2 or 3 sheets left untouched. Seriously. :)

I coloured Luna with ProMarkers and Copics. The crown paper (pretty fitting, huh? ;)) has been cut using the heart circle nesties and distressed. I added some aqua seam binding underneath and tied a knot to the left of it. I layered up some tiny cream pom pom trim with a blue strip of paper and a punched scalloped border. I then adhered the 'you are so special' square, cut from a piece of the patterned paper over the top and added a blue moonstone brad.

I love letter stamps, wish I had more. I used my fave of all time to create the Queen of Hearts sentiment using Blue Bayou ink. I used a spellbinders banner die and adhered it at a jaunty angle. Some WOC goodness finishes this FAVE card off. :)

Join us over at Pollycraft. :)

9 comments:

  1. Just stunning Lou, a beautiful card. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really fab colour combo Lous - great that you didn't use red with this little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So gorgeous! Love the arrangement of everything and the stamped crowns are cool! Your coloring is amazing as always too! :)

    Hugz,
    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so stunning lou.love the image and fabulous zesty colours and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your colouring and the colour combo is fab! Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab zingy colours and luuurving the papers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Lou! I just love your style!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sooooo stunning Lou, amazing card honey, LOVE IT!! Fabby theme too, thank you :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews