About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Thursday 5 January 2012

Show us that BUR-LING!!

Afternoon folks!! :) How are you all?! Hope you are all surviving the hurricane like weather the UK has been experiencing the past few days. It's NASTY!! Never mind the weather though. That's what they say, right? It's that time of year again, when we're all thinking about our 'resolutions' and how to make this year the best yet. To be honest I'm not a huge believer in all of that. If something needs addressing, waiting until January 1st isn't going to make a difference. Promising yourself things to then break them two weeks later is just crushing. So I don't bother. 

Instead I'm gonna try a new word. Like.. a word a month or something?! Right. More about that another day. :) Today I've got a little Valentine's Day card to share with ya, which is for the new challenge over at Some Odd Girl.

SHOW US THE BLING
You know, break out those gems and pearls. Glitter and shiny things!! Rock it with the sparkle girlies!!

Here is what I came up with. It's sorta hybrid. I used an older digi - Kody with Flowers - with a new sentiment stamp from the latest release - Crushin Gwen. :) Perfect match.


I haven't followed any particular layout with this card. I just wanted to use up some of my scraps from My Minds Eye Paris and Co collection. I think if you make yourself use up some of the scraps before cutting into a whole new sheet the pad itself goes further. Therefore lasting longer - which is never a bad thing. I never want paper collections to end. Would it be silly to buy duplicates? Like.. if you like a paper collection so much that when you eventually use it up you then buy it again? I don't know - maybe it's best to keep your stash fresh.. right? 


Here is a close up of the three styles of bling I have added to this card. Some gorgeous pearl brads from Wild Orchid Crafts, a little turquoise gem from Prima to match Kody's tshirt and shoes, and some Cinnamon Stickles on those little red hearts.


I have coloured Kody using markers and fussy cut him out. I've adhered him to the card using dimensionals - which I'm running short of right now. I'm holding off buying any more adhesive until I can find somewhere which does most of the ones I use. KWIM? Minimise postage costs. I think I'll have to get some more 3mm foam pads from my local craft shop though. I've literally got about 8 left. Yikes. It's a scary feeling, that.


God knows what possessed me to take a picture of the card at this angle?! HA!  A close up of the little silver heart charm which I have attached to the card using some turquoise bakers twine tied in a teeny little bow. I've punched some little red hearts using an SU! punch and added them to the card with some Cinnamon Stickles on top. I've added customary doodles and distressing. Of course.


Little bit of blue loopy trim and another turquoise gem to finish off the empty corner. :)


Here is a little shot of the inside of the card. That blue cardstock looks waaay brighter than it is IRL - hurts your eyes a bit, does it not?! LOL!!
Stop by the Some Odd Girls blog to see what the other awesome ODDies have created for ya!

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Craft Your Passions - Anything Goes + Distressing
× Heart Songs - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope your New Year is as good as you had hoped!!
 

2 comments:

  1. I really like your style, this is a great card. i found your blog while seaching for a workshop in the north east and saw a request for info on workshops that you posted. i've been to 2 Sheena Douglas classes recently and they were excellent really enjoyed them. i've asked her if she would deliver a Tim Holtz style class i think she's going to consider it

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card lou.wonderful colours and design and i love the image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews