About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 3 January 2012

Winter Wishes

Morning! :) What has today got in store for ya? I've got a few DT cards to get finished up then I'm going to crack on with some more of my 2012 orders. I was really feeling the love over on my FB page last night, so the orders were rolling in! :) HA. Love it. Funding your hobby by doing your hobby is the way forward! 

Speaking of FB, this is a card I've made to contribute towards the Sunday's with Santa group over there. Just a little few ladies who think up their own challenges and each week create a Christmas card to ease the stress come the 25th. We share what we make with the group and it's a good way to bounce ideas around. 

Here is Kitty from Saturated Canary. Love her? I do too!! Wish I had a hoody like that, in my most fave colour in the world too! ;) I've coloured her using Copics and ProMarkers and fussy cut her out. Don't even ask me how I managed to get the border so damn thin, I don't think I'll ever be able to do that again! LOL.


I coloured this image up before I even had patterned papers in mind, which is really unlike me. So in the end I went with some Nordic Holiday deliciousness from Basic Grey and added a few other blue and red embellishments to help tie all the elements together. I think it works.

I have followed a sketch from Sketch Saturday - the first one I've done in aaaages. It felt really weird and took me ages to put together, even though there are like what? two pieces of patterned paper. LOL!! Madness. In the end I decided to stamp the card base with some polka dots from Hero Arts in Chestnut Roan ink instead of having a strip of paper. 

I added a strip of white silk ribbon, boy, I could stroke that stuff all day long. So soft and lovely!! :) I then glossy accented down some blue loopy trim for some added texture. Some WOC aster daisyness, and a little 10mm rose alongside two turquoise 8mm rose buds. I punched some tiny little leaves using a long lost punch I came across from Woodware the other day and added those to the side of the flowers. 

The giant eyelet - which I'm sure is not what they're called - is from a lovely crafty friend. I've been hoarding them for ages but thought this was the perfect project for it. After all 2012 is all about using up stash! :) A little blue polka dot button with some turqoise bakers twine looped behind it - both from The Ribbon Girl.


I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Sketch Saturday - #188
× Saturated Canary - Challenge #7
× Paper Creations - Die Cuts and/ or Punches
× Secret Crafter - Anything Goes  


Let Christmas 2012 COMMENCE!

11 comments:

  1. This is fab Lou! The colours are amazing!!
    Love it!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring and background collage! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love it Lou!
    This image is so cute and your coloring is perfect as always!

    Hugs, Franz.

    p.s.: thank you for joining us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love this lou.am gonna have to get this image after seeing your card.she is fab and i love your fantastic colouring and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. an absolute stunner Lou - coloured perfectly and get you! how skinny is that border :)
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgalicious card Lou, thanks so much for playing with us at Paper Creations Ink.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas 2011 zapped me out of mojo, let alone Christmas 2012 I am so gonna envy you come december lol! this is stunning LOU, absolutely gorgeous. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Lou!
    Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are my kind of girl Lou. Love, love, love your coloring, so bold and bright. Wonderful, fantastic card and you have a new follower. Thank you for joining us at Paper Creations Ink - Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh Lou, this is adorable! i love your use of kraft and how you made this adorable kitty into a winter image! Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh! I love this card!
    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews