About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 2 January 2012

Ready to Part-a-y

My first post of the New Year, eh? I sorta missed the boat yesterday. Got too carried away crafting that I didn't have enough time for blogging.. but that's really how it should be - right? If you follow me on FB you'll know that I made a little few projects on New Years Day Night ;) - so I'm off to schedule some more posts after this one.

How was your new year? Good I hope! I had a night in with the boyfriend. We went and raided Blockbusters and got a few DVDs, then we came home and raided the fridge freezer. So we had a load of yummity goodies, a duvet and some films on TV. Then at 00:04 hours two of the neighbours in the cul-de-sac set some fireworks off so we quickly rushed upstairs and had our own little firework display. Perfecto.

So, onto the meat of the post. :) I've got a Sassy creation to share with you all. I'm going for a one picture post today - weird, I know. But I was looking through some of my other posts for my top 10 projects and stuff, and thought.. why do I need SO many pictures which.. really.. show the same thing from a different angle. Gosh. Here goes anyway.


Here is the gorgeous Tease Me from Set 11 of Simply Sassy which seems to be out of stock at Funky Kits. I've coloured her using markers and paper pieced those knee high socks!! I've used a few scraps from My Minds Eye Life of the Party collection. I've been really good at using up my scraps lately! Yippeeee!! :)

I've stamped the base layer of patterned paper as I thought it looked a little plain.. even though it's got a houndstooth pattern! LOL. I've used a mixture of flowers and brads from Wild Orchid Crafts and a stripe of ribbon (more scraps) from The Ribbon Girl.

The sentiment is made from a mixture of alpha stickers from Cosmo Cricket and Sassafrass. The heart is from American Crafts and the little cream and blue label is from.. Crate Paper?

Finally I finished the card off with some White Liquid Pearls around the image. Don't know why - I just fancied it.

I'll admit, this is not my usual style. It's like bright, bold and totally mishmash in your face. But it works, I think. I knew the girl I was making the for (this is my first commission of 2012 by the way - I don't wait around do I?! LOL!!) so I think it sorta fits her personality and stuff.

 
So I've come to the conclusion that the reason I add more photos is to break up ALL OF MY CHAT! LMBO!! Must. Cut. Down. On. Chatter. :/

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Incy Wincy Designs - Anything Goes
× Kaboodle Doodle - Let's Celebrate
× Make it Monday - Anything Goes

I'm off for my tea. Some.. uhhh.. chicken fajitas me thinks. Yum! :)

3 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Lou, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou, this is so amazing. Love the Sassy and scrummy papers. Don't cut the chat hun, I love reading it. :o)

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning card lou.love the image and the mix of papers and colours are fantastic :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews