About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Fabulous, Beautiful YOU!

Happy Hump Day!!

My week got off to a shaky start, I don't think I was fully recovered from the previous weeks debacles, never the less.. onwards!!

Today I have a little My Mum's Craft Shop inspiration to share with you all. 

I'ma try and keep this post short and sweet, there isn't really much to say. 


I started by masking my card base with a Chevron stencil from Studio Calico and I spritzed it with Water Cooler mist. I then added a strip of delicious patterned paper from My Mind's Eye - Here is Happy. LOVE this paper pack. My Mind's Eye NEVER fail to disappoint. 

I then coloured up the gorgeous Dare to be Gwen to match the papers using ProMarkers and FlexMarkers. I then masked her off and stamped the sentiments which come in the set around her in different ink colours to act as a background. I've had this idea in my head since I first spied this set, and the lovely Faye or Fluff as she's known around these parts was a beaut and sent me her over, so I just HAD to try it out!

*keep it shhh, but I'm tryna sweet talk Kitty into stocking SOG again* 

I finished up with a fabric flower and paper flower from Prima, a resin daisy and a bunch of Hobbycraft Rhinestones.
Job. Done.


I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
- Some Odd Girl - Misting and Masking
- Crafting When We Can - Lots of Bling
- ABC Challenge - F is for Flowers

I'm lead to believe the lucky Kitty headed over to the NEC in Birmingham this weekend and picked up a bunch of goodies which should be appearing in the shop VERY soon, so keep your eyes peeled for those. You will NOT be disappointed! :)

Thank you for stopping by today. xo

10 comments:

  1. Such beautiful and happy card! Love it. :)
    Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous lou.really pretty image and i love your colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wonderful colors you used! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge! Good luck and please join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waw looks really pretty. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! MOjca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation girls - fantabulous masking!!
    Thanks for joining us over at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG- I'm totally in love with this Lou!! Gorgeous coloring and I'm digging the masked sentiments :) Thanks so much for joining us at Some Odd Girl this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lou, this is beyond adorable! Love the fun color palette as well as that cute SOG image. Love the bling placements too! Thank you so much for joining as at Crafting When We can Challenges, sure hope you join us again.

    Amy~DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzer! This is so gorgeous! Love the background and the bling! Thanks for joining Some Odd Girl this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Love your card and the misting Ombre effect with the stencil. Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews