About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Sunday 16 February 2014

It's a Guy Thing

Afternoon guys. Sorry I'm a little late with this post today. For anyone who follows me on FB - you'll know I've been a little bit ill these past few days. I'm still not 100% but I'm trying. I won't go into details but it has been nasty!!

So just over a week ago I discovered I'd won a Guest Designer spot over at My Sheri Crafts! I was over the moon and jumped at the chance to participate. 

The theme this time round is 

VINTAGE GUY CARDS

Vintage means different things to different people. To me, it's all about splattered ink, torn edges and muted colours. I went all out.


I have.. had.. another My Minds Eye paper pack that was coming to the end of it's life. I took one look at the colours of the papers left and knew it's the stuff I wanted to use for this card. 


I chose the dark grey, almost black paper as my base and went crazy with my edge distressing tool. I created some tears in either side and layed some little scraps of blue paper underneath. I sliced the mini doily paper at a diagonal to create more interest and adhered that down the left hand side of the design.

I die cut a bunch of vellum stars, added a blue SMASH* tag, a wooden button and a sentiment from the The Greeting Farm Roll Call Wild Sprouts Collection in Nautical Blue Memento ink onto another scrap of mustard coloured paper.


Luckily I had an early finish from work last Monday and came home to colour this little guy up. This is Saturday from The Greeting Farm's Creeper Crew. I've really taken a liking to colouring up larger areas of hair in this blocked way. I never did get the separate strand look quite right! His little shirt was already stripey (I'm a huuuuge fan of anything stripey) so chose to keep that included in the colouring. As for his jeans - I wish I'd made them a little darker, more navy.. but we learn. All the more reason to keep on top of my ProMarker journal!!

Anywho, that's all from me today. I'm off to attempt to make some Mother's Day cards! 

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
- Really Reasonable Ribbon - One for the Boys
- Paula Holifield Crafts - Man Up

Happy Sunday. xo

8 comments:

  1. Hes so cute Lou, what colour ink did you stamp him in? Love his hair, and the jeans pop off the page, love it! I haven't coloured for ages, I must drag out my Promarkers and dust them off x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pauline! <3
      You MUST dust those ProMarkers off!! Show us what'cha got!!
      I stamped him in Angel Pink Memento ink! I always wanna try.. Summer Sky I think it's called - see if that's light enough to work with this technique.
      I also know Desert Sand is a good one for no lines colouring.
      Hope this helps. xo

      Delete
    2. I tried it once...and I couldn't do it! I'm off this week, so I'm hoping to get some colouring done, thanks for the tips x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on being this times guest designer over at my Sheri crafts. Your card is great, I love all your layers with the distressed edges etc. the image is wonderful too.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this card at My Sheri Crafts, it's awesome! So creative and so perfectly done! Thank you for your inspiration!
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Congratulations and thanks for joining us as GD at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card! I love the way you colored his jeans. Thanks for joining us as guest DT member at My Sheri Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations for being Guest Designer on My Sheri Crafts!

    Your card is so cute. I love all the different layers and textures of your card

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews