About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Happy Thoughts

You know what makes me happy?

Little. Ginger. Cats!!

We've a new challenge over at Passion for ProMarkers today.

I treated myself to a few new (to me) Some Odd Girl digis a couple weeks ago and I NEEDED to find time to colour up Tia and Fluffy, this week's theme was perfect.

GO DIGITAL

You can use a digi image, digi papers, a digi sentiment or even a combination of the three!!

One of my favourite things about digis is the ability to resize them at the click of a button and to create a scene without the fuss of masking (although that can be very fun!)..



I coloured the little scene using a bunch of ProMarkers. Here are some of the combos I used off the top of my head.
T-shirt and shoes - Wild Cranberry, Carmine, Salmon Pink, Cocktail Pink
Skirt - Indigo Blue, Navy Blue, French Navy, Aegean
Ginger Kitty - Spice, Honeycomb, Apricot, Oatmeal

I used some delicious new papers from My Minds Eye - Here is Happy which I masked with a home made stencil (diagonal stripes) and misted with some new Tsukineko Fireworks - Pear Tart. These mists are just. Woah! I've tried a couple different brands before, but these blow every other kind out of the water. They're so vibrant. So SHIMMERY! Gaaahh!! I'll definitely be collecting a couple more colours. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

So for the rest of the card.. I added some strips of heart washi tape, a length of pink grosgrain ribbon and a double bow, some paint splotches with my new Kaisercraft stamps and some Memento Luxe Rose Bud ink (another new favourite), a La La Land Crafts die cut banner and a cute little sentiment from Amy R.

Obviously it wouldn't be a card by me without some sprinklings of Liquid Pearls and Stickles. I just can't not do it. I need to find a better way of organising my bottles, so if you have any suggestions.. hit me! :)

I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:
- Come and Get Us - Domestic Animals
- Emerald Faeries - Let's see a Banner

A lorra, lorra links in this post - you can tell my laptop was playing nice and running smooth when I typed this post! ;) Be sure to call in at the challenge blog and share your DIGITAL card with us. Thank you for stopping by today. xo

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! that image is adorable, im always so inspired by your colouring Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so stunning lou.your scene is fabulous and i love your gorgeous colours :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews