About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 30 August 2011

GD Spot @ Deep Ocean Challenge

A few weeks ago, I was asked by my lovely friend, Alberto, if I would like to be GD for this fortnights challenge over at Deep Ocean. How could I say no?! Some AHmazing talent on that DT, they always provide such awesome inspiration.

This fornight they have a very simple challenge

'HEART'

How you interpret that is up to you - I can't wait to see what you all come up with. It could be a shaped card or loads of heart embellishments. A heart centre piece such as a shaker box or little heart details in the forms of stamps or chipboard pieces. Just a few little ideas for ya! The choice is yours!!

Here is what I came up with..


As for the 'HEART' on my project.. There are a few hearts on the Some Odd Girl image itself, alongside that I have added a green heart stick pin through my seam binding and some sentiments which include little hearts on the letters. Finally I have stamped opposite corners of my patterned paper with a little heart from another Some Odd Girl set in Frayed Burlap DI. I think that just about covers it.


I always try to paper piece the socks on my SOG images, I think it helps tie the whole card together and ensures your image coordinates well with the patterned paper you've used. I love Kaylee's expression in this image and her stripey arm warmers are just the best! Such a fun image to colour.


Here is a close up of the embellishments and sentiments. I love to add bows to my cards using my bow easy tool. I think I have a ribbon addiction and own FAR too much! All flowers are from Wild Orchid crafts and everything else is from The Ribbon Girl.


Here is a quick shot of the inside of my card - decorated to match the front. Quick and easy way to use scraps.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× Do it with Digis - Buttons
× Card Makin' Manas - Pink
× Polka Doodle - Spots and Dots
× StuckOnUSketches - Die Cut Challenge 'Sky'
× Crafty Sentiments - Ribbon and Bows

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzil - Kraft; Papercuts - Dark Brown
Patterned Paper: Echo Park - Victoria Gardens
Stamps/Digi: Some Odd Girl Digi - Love Letter Kaylee; Some Odd Girl - Photo Kaylee; Whimsy Stamps - Everyday Mini Postage Stamp Sentiments
Ink: DI - Frayed Burlap; SU! Soft Suede, Rose Red
Dies: Nesties - Labels Fourteen; Whimsy Stamps - Mini Postage Die
Tools: Fiskars - Scallop Border punch; Bow Easy
Embellishments: WOC - baby blue aster daisy, 2 tone pale blue sweetheart blossom, 10mm 2 tone green rose, 10mm mint aqua rose; The Ribbon Girl - Iced Lime seam binding, small aqua polka dot button, aqua bakers twine
Colour: Copics: Skin E00, 11, R30 Hair E30, 31, 35 ProMarkers: Shirt Cool Aqua, Duck Egg, Demin Blue Skirt Baby Pink, Cocktail Pink, Salmon Pink Arm Warmers Soft Green, Mint Green, Green, Baby Pink, Cocktail Pink, Salmon Pink Shoes Cocoa, Walnut Letter Pastel Beige, Salmon Pink
Misc: brown fineliner

19 comments:

  1. HOLY LOU! I am trying to pick myself up off the floor girl! this is stunning! love the strategically placed DP with the hearts in each corner! Wonderful wee stick pin and coloring is FABBY BABY!! WOOHHOOOOO!! Rock it ! One of my faves fo'sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful.

    pookie
    scraptaculardesigns@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a gorgeous spots and dots card. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh! What an adorable card .. love that image .. will have to check out that site. Thanks for playing along with our Sky challenge. Hope to see you back again at Stuck on U.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh Lou, what a FAB creation, thanks for your work and being GDT, we appreciated it really much!! I can't believe when I saw your name like GDT, I was so happy... and then I saw your project and I said "WOW!!".
    What an amazing card yours is, a super expiring creation!

    Hugs,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous card lou.stunning papers and design and i love the fun image and details ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So PURTY Lou! I love all the little details you put in to your creations! Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, I love the framed sky background and such a beautifully coloured image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!
    This is GREAT!
    The details perfect and I just adore
    that image!
    What a great way to get in those challenges!
    Well done!

    Leah (SOUS DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card. The image is beautifully coloured, and I love that you layer the socks to match some of the paper on the card. The clouds are way cool... Hugs Jane (SOUS DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, there are so many beautiful elements on this card! The flowers, the ribbon, the tickets...and they all work so well together. What a masterpiece! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a GORGEOUS card!LOVE the colors they just POP!
    Thanks so much for joining us @ SOUS
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, love all the added detail Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi lou.. delish card honey..
    Thanks for joining us over @ Polkadoodles this week . good luck !
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGoodness this is too Stinkin Darling! I love everything about it! That little image is adorable and everything is just perfect, so many things to look at I don't know what I love best, lol, so I'll just say I Love It ALL! So glad you joined in the SKY challenge over at SOUS!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lou Mac! Such an adorable card! The girl is so cute! Thanks for taking the SOUS challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. An adorable card! That image is great, and I see your "sky!" Glad you could play along with us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really cute card Lou, Such a sweet image and love the papers and pretty embellies.
    Thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles Spots and Dots challenge and hope to see you again.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews