About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Monday 22 August 2011

Pollycraft Challenge #107 - *Autumn Colours*

I hope you guys have had an awesome weekend!! I had a long day at work on Saturday, then I went out for my Sunday dinner on Sunday afternoon and got crafty for the rest of the day. A few more commissions and DT cards down, a few more still to go. But we're getting there. I have today off too, then I'm doing a four hour shift tomorrow. So..Another Monday, another Pollycraft Challenge!! ;)

Lemme just tell ya - Paula has been SPOILING us these past few weeks. All I'm gonna say is.. you DON'T wanna miss the BLOG HOP! Be here on Wednesday guys!!

So.. the deets for this week.. we wanna see

AUTUMN COLOURS

Ohhhh yum! I so wanted to do a halloween themed card - but then I got my eye on Sonny Honey Cloud - Poetry and just had to colour her up.


I paired her up with a sentiment from Paper Makeup Stamps - how perfect, please?! I have put this card together using papers from Basic Grey Max and Whiskers collection. This just goes to show a line, which you might think has been specifically designed for pets, can be used for numerous other designs. A lot of the papers are simple and generic - and the colours are very autumny! :)


I die cut the sentiment using a nesties label four and doodled and distressed all edges of my paper. The striped twill and bakers twine is from The Ribbon Girl and I added various Prima to the design. My whole image has been coloured using PM's - I have well and truely found a new love for these beauties!!


I have, as always, decorated the inside of the card using the same paper and a slice of white cardstock. I have torn two of the edges on each piece of patterned paper for a bit of a different look.

I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
× The Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes
× Art Impression - Anything Goes
× Craft Us Crazy - Anything Goes
× Basic Grey - Anything Goes

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill - Kraft
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey - Max and Whiskers
Ink: Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap; Colourbox Chalk - Chestnut Roan; SU! - Bashful Blue
Dies: Nesties - Labels Four, Standard Circles LG
Embellishments: The Ribbon Girl - Orange Twill Stripe, Brown Bakers Twine; Prima Gems and Pearls
Colour: ProMarkers: Skin Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush, Baby Pink Hair Chestnut, Terracotta, Spice, Oatmeal Boots and Shirt Chestnut, Cocoa, Orange Skirt and Book Petrol Blue, Marine Jumper and Tights Orange, Mango, Soft Peach, Mustard, Pastel Yellow
Misc: brown fineliner

Be sure to head on over to the Pollycraft Challenge Blog to see the awesome inspiration the other ladies have got for ya this week! ;)

16 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Lou, love the sentiment and amazing colouring.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lou! I love the kraft background and your colouring is fab as usual!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowzers lou what a great project i love it, fab colours and design,
    hugs sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Lou, the layout is fab and the mix of papers is great, I love the way you have done the sky! Did you do it with distress inks?
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB FAB FAB Lou this is gorgeous hun, love the sentiment. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card! Thanks for joining the Anything goes challenge at Art Impressions. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic card lou.absolutely love the autumnal colours and image and the sentiment is so true ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another smashing card - love the colours and the sentiment is perfect (and so true!) Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lou, this is fantabulouso!!! I love your eclectic style with this beauty - perfect put together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love this card. Scrummylicious. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Lou and I love your coloring of that sweet image. Your clouds look absolutely fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lou,
    WOW!!! Such a Beautiful card. Love the cute little image, the dp's, the colour scheme is beautiful. Love the layout and the embellishments are fabulous. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous!!! Thanks for joining Art Impressions Challenge: Anything goes!!
    Soili-Maria
    AI DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. sweet card love the image too thanks for joining us at poodles
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super card Lou, love the image you have used.

    Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges this week.

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews