About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Saturday 27 August 2011

May all the days ahead..

Hello, hello. Sorry for the late post. I gotta do this quick before the XFactor starts though. ;) (Let's see if I can make it..) I'm not a huge fan, I just like the giggles you get out of it. Some of the people that go on that show cannot POSSIBLY think they can really sing!! Can they?!

The title of this post may be a bit of a mystery.. but it will all become clear soon.

You may look at these pictures and think.. but they're the same? Well.. you'd be right.. kinda.

These are two wedding cards commissions I've received lately. Both of the 'customers' wanted an elegant.. yet generic wedding card. So this is what I went with.

I used a combo of Elegant Soiree patterned paper and Baja Breeze and Soft Suede cardstock from SU! - perfect combos. Blue and brown are always a winner when it comes to weddings.


There are subtle differences between (XFactor has started *rolls eyes*) the two, as I always try to make my cards OOAK. Whenever it is a special card which will be hand delivered I make a display box with an acetate lid. It's more glam than an envelope and gives the recipient something to keep the card in if they'd like it as a keepsake. Plus I like making them! :)


Here is a shot of the inside of the second card. Clean and simple for the giver to write their message to the reciever! LOL. :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! :)

I'm busy stuffing my face with popcorn with my feet up in front of the TV at the moment. I had a long day at work - it draaagged so much. I was glad when I got home. I have a few DT cards to make tonight in quick time so that will keep me busy until bed. I managed to get a Sassy image coloured up last night so she is ready to be put on a card. Keep your eyes peeled for that tomorrow! ;) She is one of my all time FAVES!

Anywho, take it easy.

1 comment:

  1. these are stunning lou.really classy and elegant and i love the colours ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews