About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Berry Fairy

Morning guys! :) 

I'm back to share a project using supplies from My Mum's Craft Shop with you today! 

Some of the more keen eyed of the bunch may notice that I'm trying to trick my brain into thinking that it's Christmas. It's time to start creating for Christmas. COME ON CHRISTMAS CARDS! I just won't accept the fact that I gotta get my butt into gear and start with the Christmas froo froo just yet.. but it won't be long.

So instead of diving in head first this year, I thought I'd create an every day card with Christmas colours. 

I used a gorgeous Hobby House topper from the Rosetta set of 6. This is a little berry fairy, she's such a cutie. I matched her up with some papers from Echo Park.


I then added a sentiment from My Favorite Things Pure Innocence - I Pick You to a piece of kraft cardstock I die cut with Die-Namics Sentiment Strips 2 before adding two little red brads at either end. 

I rediscovered some lovely polka dot grosgrain ribbon in coffee which I added near the bottom of the card with a double bow. I added a little button to the knot, and stitched more of the basic round buttons to the card. I kept the colour theme consistent by adding some red sequins and liquid pearls and left it at that. Yum! :) I was definitely a little bit more ready for Christmas by the time I had finished this card! :) 

Thank you for stopping by today. xo

4 comments:

  1. Wow just yummy and I must get some of those toppers there fab ... I must get my butt moving for Xmas thanks for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love the image and design, so pretty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stamps are the cutest, aren't they? I love the way you combined red and green and left so much whiteness all around, the card is clean and fresh thanks to that. Love these tiny red accents. Thank you for an inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful lou.love the colours and pretty design and the image is gorgeous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews