About Me

My photo
Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, United Kingdom
This is a blog I use to share my papercraft projects. I make them for friends and family, as well as selling them to fund my craft stash. You can get in touch with me at loumac03@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like to place a commissioned order.

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Summer Lovin'

Morning guys! :) I can't quite believe how fast this month is zooming by - it's almost AUGUST! Yikes!!

It's time for another challenge from us over at Passion for ProMarkers - and Team 1 are showcasing another bunch of SUMMER makes! Be sure to stop by the BLOG when you're done here to check out the girls work and to have a gander at the prize up for grabs!!

This week we wanna see..

SUMMER LOVIN'

Here's a card I whipped up using the beautiful Cali Girl from Saturated Canary which I have to admit to buying a long time ago.. and I have only just got around to colouring her up for this card. I'm such a digi hoarder! I keep telling myself *it's okay, they never go off* - really gotta sort myself out.

So, some of you may remember THIS card I posted last week with a gate fold, you probably seen it coming.. but I just had to try it again. It makes my brain think a little bit harder with re. to where I can place my sentiments and embellishments.


I coloured Cali Girl with my ProMarkers to match my summer papers from Carta Bella which I hardly used last year.. so I'm tryna use them up this year! I used some Amy R stamps to create my sentiment and layered it up on top of a mini card from the paper pack and a die cut pinking circle.

I die cut a bunch of vellum clouds and added them to the image panel. I then cracked open the little envelope of gifted orange buttons I recieved from my wonderful crafty friend Debbi and added a couple of those around about the design. 

I hate any of my workings showing on the inside of my card, so I'm always super careful about where I position brads and buttons (I always stitch my buttons to my cards) before adhering anything down, that way the recipient will never know how things are stuck down and it will look way neater.

As always I finished the the whole design off with a bunch of liquid pearls, sequins and stickles. 

Thank you for popping by today guys. Be sure to check out the work from the awesome Passion for ProMarkers DT girls over at the blog! Get some inspiration for the Summer Lovin' theme, and join in! xo

5 comments:

  1. Lovely, sunny and cheerful card, love these clouds and the papers are so great! Thank you for an inspiration!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Lou - awesome colouring and such a great design! Love it! Hugs, Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous. I love the image, she looks fab and all the pretty details are perfect.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Lou, love the very sweet image & fab design.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning lou.i love your bright colours and your image and design are fabulous ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think. Thanks for taking the time to look. xo Lou.

Search My Blog

My Fellow Craft-o-Holic Followers

Total Pageviews